Job Title: Development Manager
Employer: Resource Central; Boulder, CO
Job Status: Part-time, Non-exempt, 24 hours/week
Reports To: Development Director
About Resource Central:
We’re an award-winning nonprofit based in Boulder determined to make conservation so simple that you don’t even realize you’re doing it. Founded in 1976, our innovative conservation programs have helped more than 700,000 people throughout Colorado save water, reduce waste, and conserve energy. We also help families save money and improve their homes while protecting the planet.
Candidates with a commitment to incorporating diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility practices and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with people from a range of social, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Facing the urgency of climate change and water scarcity, Resource Central is scaling our impact to help tackle some of the biggest challenges of our time. The part-time Development Manager position offers a flexible schedule to a self-disciplined, enthusiastic individual looking to advance their career in philanthropy while improving our planet.
The Development Manager works in partnership with the Development Director to grow individual donor support through the implementation of a cultivation and stewardship plan. Activities include prospect identification and cultivation, crafting solicitations, segmenting groups to customize communications, assisting with annual event logistics, database management, writing acknowledgments, and other fundraising materials, and developing donor relationships.
This part-time hybrid position offers flexibility to work from home and attend regular in-person meetings at our newly remodeled Boulder office. Occasional after-hour events and meetings are required. The 24- hour per week position offers a salary range of $24-28/hour with generous benefits including: health, dental, vision, life insurance, 403b retirement plan, generous paid time off and paid holiday offerings, wellness benefit reimbursement, an EcoPass for free bus transport, and employee discounts on Resource Central products and services.
- Grow base of individual donors and identify major donor prospects through implementation of strategic cultivation and stewardship plan
- Communicate knowledgeably and effectively with supporters about Resource Central’s programs primarily by email or in-person meetings
- Write, edit, and track effectiveness of solicitations, updates, and other donor communications
- Manage donor database including gift entry and uploading interactions, generating reports segmenting lists, updating contacts, and identifying strong prospects for follow-up
- Write timely acknowledgements and file gift documentation using appropriate FASB guidelines
- Supporting event logistics including annual Heroes & Hope fundraiser
- Cultivate a strong sense of diversity, equity, and inclusion
Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Self-starter with motivation to work independently
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Flexibility and willingness to assist others to accomplish shared goals
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new skills as needed
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, troubleshoot, and come up with creative solutions
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality and privacy
- 3-4 years of professional fundraising experience in a nonprofit, preferably with individual donors
- Passion for conservation
- Comfort with CRM databases
- Experience building relationships and communicating with a wide range of people
- Familiarity with design software and basic website maintenance a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years equivalent work experience
A resume and cover letter are required to be considered for hire.
Resource Central is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on
job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, military status, gender expression, genetic
information or any other classification protected by applicable state or local law. It is our policy to maintain
a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment, or bias based on these grounds.