Why clients love us:
We are laser focused on delivering quality and excellence to our clients for their technology modernization needs, business and technology strategy, and cloud transformation initiatives. We are a nationally recognized Microsoft Partner of the Year and the largest, leading IT service provider headquartered in San Diego. As a Top 1% Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider, with engineers that individually hold over 38 Microsoft certifications, our clients trust us because we are the experts!
The value you bring:
As an Azure Architect at Managed Solution, you will define and implement Azure solutions for clients ranging from SMB to Enterprise, across multiple industries with complex regulatory requirements. You will have real influence to help grow Managed Solution’s Azure cloud services by working with clients in the presales phase to ensure solution fit, as well as working with internal/external engineers to directly implement solutions. A successful candidate is self-driven and has deep technical knowledge in designing and implementing Azure solutions that drive customer adoption and on-going support needs. The person in this role must be curious, adaptive, and mission oriented, as we are looking for our Azure Jedi.
This is a great opportunity for someone who loves solving customer complex solutions and who is eager to always continue learning new things, collaborate, and make a visible impact that drives business outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use problem-solving creativity to design, architect, and implement high-end technology solutions that solve our clients' most complex and challenging problems across different industries on Microsoft azure, solving for client needs in small, medium, and enterprise-scale environments.
- Provide technical leadership throughout the design and deployment life cycle and focus on delivery of quality Azure solutions.
- Lead technical discussions internally and with clients to build consensus and drive adoption of appropriate solutions.
- Build, test, and migrate Azure environments and integrations of services with IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Work with Sales team to develop statements of works that meet budget requirements for clients
- Utilize proven expertise in designing and architecting multi layered Cloud only / Hybrid networks for Microsoft Azure cloud to plan and implement solutions.
- Communicate and present complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form.
- Mentor and train team members in Azure related technologies
- Lead program optimization to work within the evolving constructs of an Azure environment.
- Compliance with company policies, practices, and values.
- Additional, related duties as assigned.
- Strong track record of designing and implementing Azure cloud services in a variety of Azure computing environments, while also leading highly available and fault-tolerant enterprise and software deployments
- Keen ability to think strategically about business, mission, and customer challenges and then apply best-fit Azure cloud technology solutions
- Deep familiarity with Cloud and Cloud-Native Principles
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field, along with at least eight years of cloud solution design, cloud infrastructure/migration, and containerization experience, including at least five years of Azure solution development. Equivalent combinations of education and work experience will be considered. Previous experience in a consultative/architect role at an outsourced IT services provider highly desired.
- Azure Certifications, to include at least one of the following: AZ-104, AZ-204, AZ-500, AZ-700, AZ-305, AZ-400, AZ-120, AZ-140, AZ-800, AZ-801 or AZ-600. Azure Solutions Architect Expert preferred. Attaining/maintaining these and other technical certifications may be required for continued employment.
- Hands-on experience with Azure platforms including Azure Migrate, Azure Compute, Azure Site Recovery, Azure Backup, Azure Policy, Defender for Cloud and other Azure platforms.
- Strong, practical Windows-based and Linux systems administration skills in a Cloud or virtualized environment
- Understanding of Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework for Azure and Azure Well Architected Framework
- General automation, Azure Automation, Azure CLI, Terraform, Azure Bicep, PowerShell scripting
- Understanding of Cloud foundational components, with design and hands-on Azure experience in most of the following areas: Azure Cloud IaaS & PaaS services, Identity and access management; Software-defined networking, security, governance, and compliance, Cloud automation and provisioning tools / techniques (ARM, Terraform, and Azure DevOps a plus) , Azure native disaster recovery & resilience capabilities
- Strong understanding of Identity Management for Azure Infrastructure and Azure AD
- Strong understanding of Azure and Security and Governance
Physical Requirements: Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards. Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards. The essential functions of this job require: the ability to frequently sit and stand for long periods of time; to manipulate objects with fine and gross motor skills; to frequently lift and maneuver 10 pound objects; to communicate in written and spoken English; to hear; to utilize close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Managed Solution is an equal opportunity employer and will consider qualified applicants who can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Shift/Availability Requirements: Your normal workweek will be Monday through Friday, with hours to be agreed upon based on Company needs. Managed Solution operates in Pacific Time Zone, though some scheduling flexibility may be offered for employees in other regions. Managed Solution operates a 24x7x365 business and, in this position, you may be required to perform work outside of your normal business hours (including weekends and nights) as needed to support our clients and teams.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Managed Solution participates in the federal E-Verify program to validate the authenticity of work eligibility documents. As part of this program, Managed Solution will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information, see https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Compensation & Benefits*
Base Wage Range: $150,000 to $175,000 per year
Managed Solution considers a range of factors when determining an appropriate wage. Such factors include but are not limited to: years of related experience, industry knowledge, formal education, relevant certifications, and geographic location. Wages are paid as earned and in accordance with Company policies.
- PTO – earn up to 10 days in year 1; 15 days in year 2; and 20 days in years 3+
- 401k – Eligibility after 90 days; Managed Solution matches 50% of your first 6% in contributions, starting after 90 days
- Holidays – Managed Solution celebrates 7 paid holidays each year
- Plus, 1 Floating Holiday per Year… and 2 After 5 Years of Service!
- Medical, Dental, Vision – Managed Solution pays 80% of the employee cost on the base plan + 15% of dependent costs on the base plan (Optional Flexible Spending Account for eligible Health Care or Dependent Care costs)
- Telemedicine options: “see” a medical provider from anywhere, over the phone, 24/7
- $100K Life/AD&D policy provided for all employees, free of charge!
- Employee Assistance Program – free financial consultation; counseling services; 24/7 traveler’s assistance; and more!
- $80/Month Cell Phone + Internet Reimbursement
*All Company compensation and benefits programs are subject to Company policy and plan documents and are subject to change at Company’s sole discretion.
Why our employees love working here:
We believe our strength comes from our differences, and we are committed to fostering and promoting a culture of diversity and inclusion. We believe our team and our community are our greatest assets and we strive to promote both. From providing our employees the time to pursue Microsoft certifications, to supporting and partnering with multiple non-profit organizations, we believe this is where healthy and happy employees thrive.
As we grow, we are anchored and driven by our Core Values: I <3 IT!
- Integrity – We demonstrate consistent, trustworthy behavior. We are honest with everyone, take ownership (even in the face of failure), and do the right thing... even when no one is looking.
- Heart – We show genuine care for our community, our customers, and our culture. We believe people are at the heart of IT! We are authentic, inclusive, and take time to celebrate and enjoy one another's company.
- Innovation – We cultivate a diverse work environment and forward-thinking business by supporting an open exchange of ideas, driven by creativity and collaboration. We're dedicated to consistently delivering excellence through a ‘yes- to- what’s-next’ attitude.
- Teamwork – We work together and support one another to achieve a clear, common goal, while taking accountability for our own contribution's and the overall team's success.
Inclusion & Equal opportunity employment:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Managed Solution are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
At Managed Solution we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.