WESTSIDE IS LOOKING FOR PHYSICIANS!
$20,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
JOIN A CARING, DEDICATED TEAM WHOSE MISSION IS TO PROVIDE ACCESS TO HEALTH CARE TO ALL WHO NEED IT, REGARDLESS OF ABILITY TO PAY.
Westside Family Healthcare is a nonprofit organization that provides high quality primary medical care without regard to ability to pay. The Family Medicine / Women's Health Physician delivers quality primary medical care in an efficient manner with emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention, collaborates with the clinical team of providers and allied health professionals and participates in the development of new programs, review of existing programs, and quality improvement activities.
WORKING AT WESTSIDE MEANS WORKING IN A PRIMARY CARE MEDICAL HOME.
A Primary Care Medical Home is not a special building. It is a way to provide healthcare that puts the patient at the center of health care decision-making. As a community health center, Westside Family Healthcare provides care for everyone who walks through our doors, regardless of ability to pay, immigration or citizenship status, national origin, religion, race, ethnicity, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
OUR MISSION: To improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance. Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity
Core Responsibilities of Family Medicine / Women's Health Physician
- Provide primary medical care to patients, including collecting and recording patient information in the EMR in a thorough and timely manner; prescribing or administering treatment; ordering, performing, and interpreting tests and analyzing records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients' conditions; monitoring patients' conditions and progress and reevaluating treatments as necessary; explaining procedures and discussing test results or prescribed treatments with patients; advising patients concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention; referring patients to medical specialists or other practitioners when necessary; participating in hospital admission and follow-up of patients, making arrangement for services as needed; and delivering babies
- Coordinate work with other members of the care team, including nurses, social workers, rehabilitation therapists, pharmacists, psychologists, and other health care providers
- Provide emergency medical treatment to WFH patients as needed, and provide emergency medical treatment as requested or appropriate to non-WFH patients who are at or near a location where the physician is present for the purpose of providing services to WFH patients
- Provide medical consultation and collaborative practice with certified nurse practitioners and cooperate in the development and implementation of nurse practitioner guidelines and patient management protocols
- Implement clinical department policies, protocols, and procedures that are in compliance with the most current, accepted professional standards, as well the standards of The Joint Commission
- Participate in activities to increase appropriate utilization of available services by patients of Westside Family Healthcare, Inc.
- Participate in WFH performance improvement programs and in community education and outreach programs offered by Westside
- Graduate of an accredited school of medicine
- Completion of an accredited appropriate medical residency program
- Licensure to practice medicine in Delaware
- Basic life support certification
- Certification or eligibility for certification by an applicable American Medical Specialty Board
- Eligibility for staff privileges to local hospitals associated with WFH