U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and by supporting members, impacting athletes, and serving fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The High Performance department’s mission is to maximize performance across all sport development programs at U.S. Soccer.
Working within the High Performance Department, contribute to the design and delivery of world class medical and physical therapy support to the U.S. Women’s National Team (WNT).
- Provide all physical therapy and assist with medical support for the WNT as requested by the Sports Medicine Senior Manager, High Performance Director, and Chief Medical Officer.
- Work closely with the WNT head athletic trainer and other high performance staff to ensure U.S. Soccer standards in all testing, screening, monitoring and return to play protocols are optimized, delivered and recorded.
- Travel extensively with WNT to training camps and games both within the United States and abroad
- Responsible for the design and delivery of U.S. Soccer standards in injury prevention, screening, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of all WNT players
- Responsible for evaluating and referring major injuries and/or illnesses to the team physician, consultants, hospitals or specialists as appropriate
- Responsible for tracking and developing individual programs with all WNT players both within U.S. Soccer camps and within their club environments
- Ensure all medical data collected, stored and up to date correctly in line with U.S. Soccer standards, including but not limited to; nature of injury or illness, treatment given, date, insurance, injured reserve, injury protection, medical authorization, medical information release, physical examinations, medical referrals, surgical reports and x-ray/MRI information
- Ensure all data collected is disseminated to all required staff and players in line with the U.S. Soccer standards and time frames
- Build strong relationship with WNT clubs home and abroad to ensure the bi-lateral sharing of data and information is provided pre and post camp
- Develop and support all physical therapy practice across U.S. Soccer
- Develop internal and external research under the guidance of the High Performance Director
- Other duties as required or assigned. This may include:
- Support and develop physical therapy practice within the NWSL
- Support and develop physical therapy practice within the college and/or other soccer institutions
- Help support and develop an internal and external continued professional development program for staff within the federation and practitioners within clubs
- Contribute to the education of staff and coaches within the federation and those enrolled onto federation specific qualification pathways