Are you interested in a rewarding career making a difference in the lives of young children? Join the Kennebec Valley Community Action Program (KVCAP) team!
KVCAP, which seeks to strengthen individuals, families and communities through direct services and community collaborations that create solutions to poverty, is looking to hire a full-time, full-year Teacher Assistant in our Educare Central Maine program. In addition to our generous benefits package, KVCAP offers numerous training and professional development opportunities for you to grow in the profession and to offer the best care and education to children ages 0-3.
As a Teacher Assistant in one of our Infant/Toddler rooms, you will work within a team to support children's developmental progress and school readiness, provide responsive caregiving, support child assessments, individualize for diverse learners, and support the implementation of Creative Curriculum and other curricula.
- Minimum of one year experience in group care setting with young children
- Must be able to meet requirements of agency & State Child Care Licensing regulations for background checks and physical exams
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication (written & verbal) documentation, critical thinking, basic computer, and group management skills.
Tier I (Starting wage: $16.00/hour):
- Must be eligible for Ed Tech II certification from the Department of Education.
Tier II (Starting wage: $16.75/hour):
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education with knowledge of Head Start standards and Licensing regulations
- 13 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Indigenous People’s Day)
- Low cost health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance options
- 100% employer-paid short-term disability insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off program that starts at 4 weeks per year
- Employer-sponsored retirement plan that includes an employer contribution and an employer match
- Annual CSA program that delivers a weekly box of food from local farms to all participating employees for 20+ weeks per year
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- $200 per month stipend through August 2024