1. Handle and process new and renewal personal lines business.
2. Provide in-house customer service to clients as assigned and requested.
1. Provide positive, prompt, accurate and courteous service to our clients.
2. Market new and renewal business, determine premiums, prepare and present proposals to clients and maintain underwriting and marketing information by carrier.
3. Prospect for new business from existing clients and identified target groups.
4. Contact prospects for the purpose of providing a quote and making sales appointments.
5. Conduct client and prospect appointments communicating proposals and renewals, explaining details and communicating desire to conduct business.
6. Receive phone calls from clients and companies regarding insurance, claims, or administrative needs, and comply with the request and/or refer to Department Manager when necessary.
7. Maintain a suspense system to follow up on outstanding orders, correspondence, reports, and follow up on overdue and suspense items.
8. Receive claim reports, notify the company and direct the necessary actions to insure prompt processing, handling and resolution.
9. Be proficient with the Applied System and company rating systems.
10. Be familiar with and follow agency E&O guidelines.
11. Maintain electronic and/or paper files in an orderly, up-to-date manner.
12. Perform special projects at management’s request.
1. Must be a positive, imaginative and creative individual.
2. Must be a self-starter and committed to creating and fostering a TEAM environment.
3. Must be organized with demonstrated skills for effective communication both verbal and written with the ability to influence others.
4. Minimum two years experience in similar position is desirable. Must be P&C licensed per state requirements.
5. Must be able to understand and analyze personal lines insurance coverage, forms and policies.
6. Strong understanding of Personal Lines underwriting and policy rating.