Job title: Café Team Member
FLSA status: Non Exempt
Reports to: Assistant Director of Operations
(This position in part time with the option of increasing hours seasonally in the summer)
The mission of Sandy Cove Ministries is to help people connect with God and each other in order to be transformed into the image of Christ, through His Word, His creation, and community.
Position Summary: Help to create an atmosphere of joy, hard work, and team building. You will assist in ensuring food quality and ensuring cleanliness while providing guests with excellent service.
General Purpose: To ensure that Sandy Cove Ministries’ Uncle Wilf’s Café (UWC) is a place where guests can enjoy a specialty drink or snack in a welcoming and clean environment so that their overall experience at Sandy Cove helps them to better connect with God and each other.
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Must know the mission at Sandy Cove Ministries
- Dependable with a positive attitude
- Barista knowledge, taking orders, accepting payment, and handling food orders
- Adhere to the UWC policy that if you have time to lean… you have time to clean.
- Flexibility with schedule
- Utilize the espresso machine as a barista to make and create specialty drinks
- Clean the espresso machine
- Prepare food and ice cream for guests
- Quickly respond to guest needs
- Perform any other reasonable request from Assistant Director of Operations/ Café Shift Supervisor
- Move to work between Food Department and UWC as needed
Essential skills and experience:
- Ability to multi-task
- Basic mathematical aptitude (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Ability to maintain composure while performing at heightened, busy times.
Physical demands of work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, see, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.