U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and by supporting members, impacting athletes, and serving fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The High Performance department’s mission is to maximize performance across all sport development programs at U.S. Soccer.
- Provide all athletic training and assist with medical support for the Women’s Youth National Teams (WYNT) as requested by the High Performance Director, Chief Medical Officer and Sports Medicine Senior Manager
- Travel extensively with WYNT to training camps and games both within the United States and abroad
- Responsible for the design and delivery of U.S. Soccer standards in injury prevention, recognition, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation to all WYNT players
- Responsible for evaluating and referring major injuries and/or illnesses to the team physician, consultants, hospitals or specialists as appropriate
- Responsible for tracking and developing individual programs with all WYNT players both within U.S. Soccer camps and within their club environments
- Ensure all medical data collected, stored and up to date correctly in line with U.S. Soccer standards, including but not limited to; nature of injury or illness, treatment given, date, insurance, injured reserve, injury protection, medical authorization, medical information release, physical examinations, medical referrals, surgical reports and x-ray/MRI information
- Ensure all data collected is disseminated to all required staff and players in line with U.S. Soccer standards and time frame
- Work closely with the High Performance staff to ensure U.S. Soccer standards in all testing, screening, monitoring and return to play protocols are optimized, delivered and recorded
- Build strong relationship with WYNT clubs home and abroad to ensure the bi-lateral sharing of data and information is provided pre and post camp
- Assist in training and support other medical staff within WYNT training camps