Job Title: Content Marketing Coordinator (Full-Time)
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports To: Director of Marketing & Communications
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Content Marketing Coordinator is a brand ambassador for the Sacramento SPCA both internally and externally, assuring support of the brand identity through the production of printed and digital media. Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Content Marketing Coordinator will support marketing goals and operational objectives through creation of marketing content for all departments and programs in the organization, ensuring consistent branding, key messages/mission and visual design. The Content Marketing Coordinator’s main focus will be to create thoughtful visual and written content to inspire and engage with the community, our staff and volunteers. The secondary focus will be on analyzing and using data to reach target audiences.
- Maintain the day-to-day online presence of the organization including digital advertising and the Sacramento SPCA website.
- Collaborate with Marketing team members, as well as internal and external subject matter experts to create coordinated messaging for printed newsletters, electronic newsletters, Sacramento SPCA website and social media platforms.
- Document Sacramento SPCA impact through words and pictures emphasizing the animals, people, and programs.
- Be the champion of the Sacramento SPCA by effectively interpreting brand initiatives and events into inspiring content pieces that engage the community, staff and volunteers.
- Develop thoughtful storytelling through dynamic content creation, including photography, video, and newsletter writing.
- Extract and leverage data from Sacramento SPCA tools such as Salsa Labs, Facebook and Google Analytics platforms to reach target audiences across multiple channels.
- Provide analysis and reporting on campaign and event performance.
- Assist the PR & Social Media Specialist with the creation of social media content, metrics and management to grow the brand identity and meet operational and fundraising objectives.
- Manage content on the Sacramento SPCA’s social media platforms when the PR & Social Media Specialist is not available, ensuring consistent messaging and voice is maintained through all social communications.
- Produce Sacramento SPCA collateral, signage, and other promotional materials for consistent branding, design and messaging.
- Work with vendors, volunteers and staff in collateral design, edit and print of collateral materials including clinic and shelter materials, newsletters and annual report.
- Design and distribute consistently branded facility signage, logos, banners, and event displays.
- Maintain and distribute style guides for brand, message and marketing consistency across online platforms, in facility and in printed and multimedia materials.
Additional Job Responsibilities
- Promote major events held by the Sacramento SPCA that target donors, adopters, volunteers and clients and assist with logistics and tracking measurable outcomes.
- Create compelling messaging and online appeals to advance the mission, fundraising and strategic plan of Sacramento SPCA as defined by the Board of Directors and Executive Management team.
- Editing/copy checking.