The Accounting and Finance Manager will support Brinkman Real Estate in all aspects of accounting, finance, and real estate analysis. The position requires 5-7 years of accounting and finance experience. This is a dynamic, highly collaborative position that will be the right-hand person to the Chief Financial Officer. We are seeking a passionate accountant with an all-in attitude who has technical accounting, tax, analytical, and interpersonal skills to grow within the company. Excellent communication and attention-to-detail required. Adaptable to change and seeks to document and improve cross-functional hand-offs and processes. Ability to work well under pressure. Experience in a public accounting firm or real estate development and property management is highly preferred. Experience with Yardi software ideal.
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Fort Collins or Denver CO
- Manages Real Estate Services full-service accounting team and all deliverables related to property acquisition, and investment accounting.
- Responsible for communicating meticulous and timely service oriented financial reporting with owners and investors including monthly financial statements and quarterly reporting.
- Budgeting and forecasting for properties and operating entities
- Prepares flows for properties and operating entities including forecasting future cash needs.
- Assist in coordinating distributions to partners.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Understand real estate tax issues and works with outside CPA firm on timely tax returns.
- Responsible for debt service payments, reconciliation, reporting, review and abstracting.
- Understand project details and prepare packages for lenders and investors.
- Asset management modeling.
- Assists in creating, documenting, and communicating systemic processes and internal controls to improve efficiency and minimize risk.
- Participates in strategic initiatives to help improve operational processes and support the organizational culture through optimizing technology and fostering an environment of innovation and adaptability.
Please note that due to the nature of this position and the nature of our business, this list is not meant to be all-inclusive. The posting period of this job is 4/27/23 to 5/17/23 date. Applicants received after 5/17/23 may not be considered. An applicant is anyone who submits an application via Paylocity.
- 5-7 years of experience in Accounting and Finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- MBA or CPA preferred
- Yardi software experience ideal
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and focus on using technology to improve processes.
- Ability to effectively manage and support staff.
- Problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to take ownership of projects with high quality results.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing entrepreneurial company.
- Strong time management, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Embraces operational excellence and high performing culture.
- Effective relationship building skills and ability to provide high touch internal customer service.
- Willingness to learn and take on additional responsibilities and special projects.
- Must be meticulous at meeting deadlines, understanding priorities and proactively communicating.
While this position will be based in Fort Collins, there are occasions where further travel to Denver may be required. Brinkman offers a hybrid remote work environment with expectations of in-office work a minimum of two days per week with the exception of the first 30 days of employment in which full-time in-office work is required.
Brinkman employs a robust Total Rewards Strategy comprised of competitive compensation, profit-sharing, medical/dental/vision insurance, tax-advantaged Health Savings Accounts, short-and-long-term disability, ancillary insurance plans and a 401(k) with a 4% match.
We also offer generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid parental leave, and we deliver on our commitment to making a positive impact in the communities where we live, work and play through our Volunteer Time Off and community impact programs.
This job posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all activities, duties, or responsibilities required of this role, and the nature of this role is subject to change at any time based on performance and/or the needs of the business.
Employment with Brinkman Real Estate Services, LLC is at will. This means employment is for an indefinite period of time and it is subject to termination by the employee or Brinkman Real Estate Services, LLC, with or without cause, with or without notice, and at any time. Nothing in this job posting or any other policy of Brinkman Real Estate Services, LLC shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way, the at-will employment status of Brinkman Real Estate Services, LLC employees.