Company Overview: Margaritaville and Landshark is a warm and inviting place where people from all walks of life come together to create paradise. We offer an exciting employment experience where creating and delivering fun and escapism for our guests is the goal we seek to exceed every day. We are one of the top employers due to our competitive wages, benefits packages, and the opportunity to advance your career and be part of the team. 90% of our team members say, "I Love My Job" and 92% say they are proud to work for Margaritaville and Landshark.
Benefits: Weekly Pay, Staff Member discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, Fun upbeat working environment, Career Growth, 401K Matching, Paid time off, and more!
Job Overview: Responsible for generating revenue by demonstrating product knowledge, suggestive selling and conducting sales transactions with guests in a variety of indoor and open-air locations by performing the following duties:
- Greets guests with a smile in a professional, friendly and courteous manner.
- Possesses full knowledge of all retail products and provides an interactive guest experience through the utilization of suggestive sales techniques and product demonstrations in a positive and outgoing manner.
- Exceeds guest expectations by engaging with each individually to provide a personalized shopping experience.
- Folds, wraps and bags merchandise.
- Processes merchandise sales and returns by operating point-of-sale system and handling large amounts of currency including cash, credit card transactions, travelers’ checks, vouchers and discounts with high efficiency and accuracy.
- Practices proper cash handling procedures by utilizing the point-of-sale system, properly organizes money, and counts change back to guests.
- Following appropriate checkout procedures including verifying starting cash bank and balancing out at the end of shift.
- Stocks, replenishes and retrieves merchandise and supplies.
- Ensures all merchandise is ticketed and correctly priced and takes accurate markdowns.
- Achieves or exceeds sales goals provided by General Merchandise Manager/Merchandise Store Manager.
- Maintains sales floor appearance standards by cleaning floor surface and dusting counters and displays by using appropriate tools.
- Completes all opening, running and closing duties as assigned.
- Assists in loss prevention by practicing proper security safe guards as outlined during training.
- Assists management in training new Staff Members within department when applicable.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings, and communicates properly to guests; establishes rapport with all guests through name recognition.
- Notifies manager/supervisor of low inventory and recommends new inventory; communicates opportunities and concerns.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by management or supervisors and moves with a sense of urgency.
- Adheres to responsible alcohol service established by company policy.
- Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents to management.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- One year experience in guest service or working in some aspect of the retail industry preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to interact professionally with other departments and outside contacts.
- Ability to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Good judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Cash handling skills required.
- High school degree or GED preferred.
The characteristics described below are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high energy, and physically demanding environment.
- Must be able to spend 100% of working time standing, walking, and reaching.
- Pushing, pulling and lifting objects from a lower to higher position or moving objects horizontally, from position to position.
- Feeling or grasping objects of different size and shape.
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling while walking, standing or crouching in narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
- Will be required to use physical capabilities including climbing and ascending or descending ladders, stairs, and ramps.
- Must be able to carry loads greater than 35 pounds and exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with our guests in the primary language of the restaurant, specific to location. (Primarily English)
- Hearing sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Exposed to weather conditions and prevalent temperature changes.
- Subject to moderate to high ambient noise levels.
- Frequently required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass and metal cans, slipping, and tripping.
- Frequently required to wash hands.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and guests.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas or instructions by the spoken word.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.