WHO WE ARE
Branches is on a mission to educate and inspire people through student, family, and financial wellness services in partnership with our communities.
We believe in meeting the needs of the next generation by addressing both the parent and the child simultaneously in our 2-Gen approach that supports a family’s wellbeing, ensuring that each family member is supported in reaching their full potential. Our holistic approach builds long term, ongoing relationships with local communities to leverage and promote collective impact for the families we serve.
The Miami-Dade Community ID is a county approved form of photo identification issued to residents who struggle to obtain a government-issued ID. The program contributes to building a stronger and more inclusive Miami-Dade by facilitating access to social and economic services that promote opportunities to achieve upward mobility foster a sense of belonging, connection and inclusion, and removing barriers that hold inequities in place.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We are looking for passionate individuals looking to join a team of community leaders looking to increase access to services and programs that promote holistic prosperity in Miami Dade. Compassion is essential for our team members because we serve diverse families that face multiple barriers to financial wellness and economic stability. We serve them in the neighborhoods where they live or work and that is why our program is offered at different locations each month. The Miami Community ID Contractor will be responsible for specific tasks that are directly related to the Miami Community ID program. They will uphold high standards and implementation practices to ensure the program’s success and growth.
1. Event Support and Program Coordination
- Fulfill event-related logistical responsibilities as assigned, including pre-event set up, break down, and clean up.
- Assist with the coordination of public and private events that may take place at night and weekends.
- Provide support to all participants and seek resolution with those who report grievances with the service for any reason.
- Communicate assignment-related issues with the participants as soon as they arise
- Be a liaison with community members looking to obtain an ID, including troubleshooting, scheduling, rescheduling, tracking ID mailing, provide guidance with required documentation to obtain an ID.
- Ensuring that assignments are completed according to stipulated requirements.
2. Community Relations
- Collaborates with supporting community partners and contacts to increase awareness of the Community ID.
- Maintain strong, positive relationships with collaborative partners.
- Represent Branches and the Miami Community ID program at partner community events and meetings that may take place at night and weekends.
BRANCHES WAYS – Grow Deeper, Climb Higher
Worth— We believe each person has sacred value, is created in the image of God and has inherent self-worth. People matter and therefore are our priority.
Wonder— We dream and then co-create the future with students and families which means we do not wait for the future to just happen.
Welcome— At Branches all people are welcomed, received and valued in contrast to the rejection and exclusion that people all too often experience in the world.
With — What we do is transformational and not transactional. We connect with people and build relationships as opposed to treating people like a number or a service unit. Together we become the Branches family.
Walk— While the destination is important, we recognize the journey is the essential part. The day-to-day work we do is like walking with people on the journey in which we all explore, discover and become renewed.
Words– We create a positive, hopeful environment at Branches through the ways and the words we speak to others. Be our words fun, friendly, firm or whatever, we always affirm the other and speak with love.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Ability to learn quickly and multi-task to meet the needs of a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, self-managed with ability to pivot from taking initiative and work independently to working in collaboration with a larger team.
- Experience providing direct services to diverse communities.
- The ideal candidate will have experience incorporating technology and thinking creatively
onhow to make programs run more efficiently and capture real data on community needs and program impact.
- Ability to speak a second language is a plus.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Event Planning
- Data Analysis
- Strategic planning and organization
- Learning Orientation
- Partnership Development
- Community organizing
- Social Awareness
- Problem Solving
- Cross-cultural sensitivity
- Resource Management