Artisan Design Group – or ADG – is a leading supply chain partner to homebuilders throughout the United States. Over 3,000 ADG employees operating out of 135 facilities in 25 states provide a full range of design, procurement, and installation services along with products from the top manufacturers of flooring, cabinets and countertops. Formed in 2016 by the merging of two industry leaders, ADG then acquired over 20 additional companies – each a leader in the geography it serves. We are the premier interior finishings organization in the United States. Our expansive trajectory has been rapid, and we continue to experience explosive growth, thanks to our dedication to high quality work.
The role of Network Engineer is responsible for planning, implementing, and maintaining new and existing networks and infrastructure. The selected candidate will be a member of our core engineering team with opportunities for career advancement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Attend webinars and conferences.
- Configure and Deploy SD-WAN devices and access layer switches.
- Configure and implement Microsoft Teams VOIP Phone system.
- Determine ‘bottleneck’ areas in the current Networks and suggest solutions.
- Determine deficiencies using diagnostic tools.
- Determine issues with business internet connectivity, WAN technologies, remote access, and VPN configuration.
- Document systems, processes, and procedures.
- Enter, track and close all client transactions using the ticketing and purchasing system.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Maintain and improve existing networks.
- Maintain privacy of all client data.
- Participate in security management.
- Procure network hardware and replacement devices.
- Provide superior Customer Service.
- Stay up to date with latest technology and developments.
- Suggest new ideas and solutions to problems.
- Track shipments and warranty service requests.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Demonstrate techniques while cross- training other employees on various applications and hardware.
- Suggest and oversee improvement processes.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 4+ years of experience as a Network Engineer or a related role.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or related field.
- Cisco Certification highly desirable
- Ability to diagnose issues and identify solutions
- Ability to multitask & prioritize effectively
- Excellent Problem-Solving Skills
- Excellent Documentation Skills.
- Excellent Time-Management
- Exceptional Critical-Thinking Skills
- Exceptional Organizational Skills work habits.
- Experience in routing and switching with industry standards (Cisco, Velo, Meraki, Sonic Wall, FortiGate, etc.)
- Experience with and knowledge of Cisco IOS operating system
- Experience with SD-WAN solutions
- Strong Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Strong understanding of networking and application-level operations.
- Team-Oriented; Collaborative
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for long periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
- Overnight travel by car and/or air may be required on occasion.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Warehouse environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.