Will be responsible for the creation of taking designer drawings/blueprints and convert them into shop drawings using AutoCAD. Teamwork is essential as you will be working with the Estimating Department, Project Managers, and the Custom Millwork Department when required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Draft plans in AutoCAD.
- Create drawings and models from written and verbal instruction.
- Prepare documents and drawings for projects.
- Material take-offs and cut listing.
- Assist in material procurement.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Collaborate with Project Managers and other drafters to correct discrepancies in drawings and designs.
- Update documentation including but not limited to checklists, drawing lists, drawing requests, and project tracking. These documents will mostly be in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Self-checks all work performed to ensure its accuracy prior to turning it over to the supervisor or designee assigned to review the work.
- Complete drawings accurately and quickly.
- Actively assist in the delivery of a complete project. This may include phone or e-mail, correspondence, attending meetings, and other project documents required for project completion.
- Able to handle multiple projects concurrently and maintain flexibility to changes in work assignments as changes occur in projects.
- Detailed and quality oriented.
- Work closely with Designers and Drafters to ensure coordination design effort is maintained.
- Complete project responsibilities within scope, budget, and schedule
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Cabinet Vision Experience (Preferred)
- WoodWOP Experience (Preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience, preferably in Cabinetry hardware/Millwork building.
- Experience with Standard 3D AutoCAD version 2010 or higher.
- Experience with Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Design and Engineering Skills (Preferred- not required)
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, and ability to interact with personnel at all levels.
- Strong organizational and attention to detail skills required.
- Knowledge in custom cabinetry construction and current hardware applications related to the industry.
- Must have to ability to read and understand architectural drawings; convert into workable shop drawings. (Example: Items such as cabinets, reception desks, conference tables, and wall paneling, etc.)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a Fabrication Shop checking jobs in progress.
- Must possess the ability to stand for extended periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 25 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.