At Norix, we design innovative, robust furniture that meets the real-world need for humanizing challenging environments. Join our team! We are proud to be certified as a Great Place to Work again in 2023
Summary: The Facilities Technician will help keep the facility in clean and orderly condition by handling general building maintenance.
Schedule: Mon - Fri 7:30am – 4:30pm with an occasional Saturday morning
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
1. Minor electrical repairs
2. Drywall patching
3. Painting (touch ups and small jobs)
4. Cleaning (running floor cleaners, helping maintenance staff where needed)
5. General grounds maintenance
6. Troubleshooting and fixing equipment / fixtures in manufacturing and office areas
7. Ensures that security procedures are always adhered to
8. Ensures all safety precautions are followed while performing work
9. Other related duties as needed or assigned
1. Strong mechanical aptitude
2. Plumbing knowledge to address leaks, clogs or drainage problems
3. Electrical wiring ability
4. Carpentry knowledge to handle basic repairs
5. Interpersonal skills (verbal and written) to interact with employees
6. Proficient in email and online applications
7. Ability to take speak/read/write English
1. High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
2. 3+ years previous experience performing carpentry, drywall repair, etc…
3. Previous maintenance experience a plus
1. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted
2. Must be able to frequently stand, bend, use hands to climb or balance, handle or feel, and talk or hear, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or walk
3. Ability to occasionally work in hot or cold conditions
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Norix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Drug Free Workplace:
Norix is a Drug Free Workplace where post-offer applicants are subject to testing. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug test.
Norix participates in the E-Verify system to confirm the employment eligibility of all new hires.