We’re looking for a Flooring Design Professional to come work with our design team. An ideal professional for this role has experience in interior design, keeps an eye out for the latest design trends, and as a result, can creatively turn customers’ spaces into their DREAM homes! You’ll have the opportunity to stretch your creative imagination to design styles for every customer’s vision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
As a valued Flooring Design Professional, you’ll be working at our showroom alongside a team of other designers. This role focuses on flooring specifically, which includes carpet, tile, LVT, laminate and more (we’ve got all the up-to-date and trendiest flooring available). Your ultimate job is to make a customer’s dream become a reality, from the moment you first shake hands with them in the showroom, to the moment your flooring design is finally installed. The most fulfilling part? Seeing it all come to fruition at the end of the project.
An example of your typical day in the showroom starts with greeting customers and learning about the vision they have for their home. This is where you’ll use your knowledge and trend know-how to creatively ideate design solutions that make your customer’s dreams come true. The showroom is full of all different styles and patterns; it’s your creative palette.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Previous experience demonstrating sales skills working directly with customers and managing multiple projects.
- Proficient in computer spreadsheet programs, e-mail, Word programs and learn company computer system.
- Ability to create, compose and edit written materials.
- Able and willing to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Possession of a valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for extended periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for extended periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.