Binary Defense, headquartered in Stow, Ohio, is a rapidly growing cybersecurity software and services firm with solutions that include best-in-class Managed Detection & Response powered by a Managed Open XDR platform. The company has a 24/7 Security Operations Center that monitors their own proprietary managed EDR software as well as supporting leadings network, cloud and identity solutions. Advanced threat hunting, defense validation and counterintelligence services provide additional layers of security. Our expert security staff and technology help shield businesses from cyberattacks.
Binary Defense is a fast-paced business that enjoys a relaxed culture (from anywhere in the continental United States) and flexible remote work options. For the fourth year in a row, Binary Defense has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the US on the Inc. 5000 list! At the 2022 Greater Cleveland Partnership’s “Best of Tech Awards,” Binary Defense was recognized as the “Best Technology Solution” for the third year in a row. We’ve also been named “North American Partner of the Year” by AT&T Cybersecurity, providing best-in-class SIEM technology and service. Binary Defense recently completed a $36 million growth equity round of funding from Invictus Growth Partners to accelerate our growth and technology and service delivery offerings.
Binary Defense offers competitive medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and dependents, a 401k match which vests every payroll, a flexible and remote friendly work environment, as well as training opportunities to expand your skill set (to name a few!). If you’re interested in joining a growing team with great perks, we encourage you to apply!
Binary Defense is seeking a senior level resource to build out our capabilities into adversary tactics and research. This position will be establishing synergies between multiple groups within Binary Defense and using talents and resources to build central capabilities of all groups and to publish research to both internal teams as well as to community efforts. This position will lay the foundation to establish a team that is cross-functional in purely dedicated research opportunities and ability to work with multiple teams in providing key pieces of intelligence and capabilities to customers and to the public.
This would be a leadership position within Binary Defense but with the expectations to focus on dedicated research, publications, analysis, and eventually building a team that focuses on communicating new adversary capabilities and techniques to customers and to the public. This position would work with multiple teams and this position would focus on publishing internal research as well as own research performed with Binary Defense.
· Establish synergies between security operations, threat hunting, counter intelligence, detection engineering, and other teams to centralize process for information collection.
· Conduct detailed technical research and analysis and publish findings in a central location that can be consumed by all teams as well as to the public where applicable.
· Establish Binary Defense’ reputation through content generation of blogs on research as well as working with various teams to publish research.
· Establish relationships with other researchers, third-parties, and industry partnerships to provide better cross-sharing of intelligence and capabilities of adversaries.
· Ability to present findings at conferences or events (of candidates own choosing) on research and interesting items in cyber security.
· Build foundation, processes, and eventually a team to establish more ability to generate content and credibility in the market space.
· Work with marketing and content generation teams to conduct public outreach of findings and analysis including webinars and customer communications.
· Other projects and responsibilities, as assigned by the direct manager
· At least ten years of cyber security experience focused on research, offensive and defensive capabilities, threat intelligence and/or incident response/reverse engineering.
· Experience with various tools, including IDA Pro, Ghidra, Binary Ninja, and scripting languages.
· Experience with software development, including C/C++ programming languages.
· Research experience for publishing detailed analysis of malware, tactics, techniques, and procedures of adversaries.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Other development language understanding: Python, PowerShell, Bash, .NET, Java
· Ability to write detailed analysis and blogs to customers, public, and partners.
· Ability to communicate and present findings to both technical and higher-level individuals and audiences.
· Ability to lead a team and build out team processes to scale the team based on demand.
· Ability to create detailed processes and establish procedures in a newly formed team and group.
· Cross-functional skills of communication and working with various teams with varying levels of skills and areas of expertise.
· Self starter that can create vision for the team and build out capabilities.