Why United Way Suncoast?
Do you want to be part of a non-profit organization that makes a difference in your community? Do you want to be part of a passionate team focused on improving the lives of others? Now is your opportunity! United Way Suncoast is seeking a Manager, Grant Accounting. This position is responsible for maintaining financial, accounting, and grant support services to meet the needs of the organization and donors. In collaboration with others, the Manager focuses heavily on budgeting, compliance, reporting, and variance analysis functions.
We're not asking you to apply for a job. We're asking you to embrace a movement that gives people the freedom to rise. In return, you'll be embraced by colleagues that will appreciate every contribution you make.
Our team members enjoy a flexible work environment built on transparency and trust and most have hybrid schedules. There are many growth opportunities including the ability to learn about and contribute to efforts across the organization. We offer a competitive total rewards package including shortened benefit eligibility periods, several weeks of PTO, and no cost medical and dental options to name a few!
Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Assists in reviewing grant applications and grant budgets.
- Performs grant-related post-award functions, including budget and expense analysis, periodic invoicing, financial reporting, labor distribution changes, reconciliations, re-budgeting, and grant closeout functions.
- Prepares accurate and timely financial reports to donors.
- Prepares accurate and timely financial reports on grants for internal management purposes.
- Records monthly activity relating to pledges, bad debt, designations, and credit card payments to the general ledger.
- Reviews invoices and provides account codes for proper accounting.
- Prepares and distributes periodic invoices for project reimbursement.
- Reviews monthly financial results and communicates with appropriate program staff the financial position of the program or grant.
- Ensures compliance of grants and contributions with Standard ASC-606, internal policies/procedures, and donor rules/regulations.
- Prepares monthly bank and various account reconciliations.
- Prepares journal entries as required to record revenue, designations, contributions, etc.
- Prepares year end audit workpapers relating to grants and restricted funds.
- Provides support in onboarding accounting system upgrades and conversions through onboarding, training, and documentation of procedural updates.
Qualifications and Skills for Success:
- Typically requires four or more years of relevant experience.
- High school graduate or equivalent to bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours.
- Bilingual or Multilingual (English/Spanish/Creole) a plus.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Behaviors reflect a belief that individuals from diverse backgrounds lead to a more successful organization.
- Educates oneself about DEI issues within the organization and community.
- Demonstrates a willingness to become aware of and address one’s own implicit biases.
- Deliberately works to include individuals from underrepresented backgrounds in efforts both internally and externally as appropriate.
- Identifies and integrates the tools and resources needed to create more equitable environments.