We are looking for a flexible, adaptable, and empathetic team player to raise the caliber of our state’s early childhood field. You will be part of a team delivering training and technical assistance to center-based and home-based providers on topics related to child development, quality improvement, health and safety, and business practices. You will have the satisfaction of knowing that you are making lives better for families here in Connecticut. Bilingual in English and Spanish, strongly preferred.
What you will do
- You will raise the quality of early child care in our state by delivering trainings and technical assistance to center-based and home-based providers on topics related to child development, quality improvement, health and safety, and business practices.
- You will research and develop curricula for trainings and workshops for early care professionals and families to support them in improving the quality of their centers and home programs.
- You will conduct evaluations of center-based and family-based child care programs, ensuring that they are in compliance with state standards for excellent in care and education.
- You will support the contact center on occasion.
When and where you will work
This is a full-time position with the opportunity to flex your schedule to meet the varied availability of child care providers. The position requires the ability to perform work-related activities during evenings and weekends as required, at a minimum of one weekday evening per week and one Saturday per month.
Why you should work here
- Competitive pay
- An environment where you will constantly be learning, including professional development and opportunities for growth within United Way
- Opportunity to work as part of a team passionate about raising the quality of early child care in our state
The Pay & Benefits: $23.00 per hour pay rate.
Spanish- or Portuguese-speaking applicants who are hired and pass certification after 90 days on the job will get an additional $.75 per hour (an additional $1.50 per hour for both languages).
- An outright 8% 401(k) contribution.
- 20 days of Paid Time Off in a calendar year – you begin accruing immediately!
- 13 paid holidays per year.
- Generous health benefits including 80% coverage of your medical plan premium and deductible.
- Tuition reimbursement (after 1 year).
- Employment at UWC counts toward Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness.
- Supportive, culturally diverse and inclusive company culture.
- And more!
The Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00a.m. – 4:30p.m (some evenings required, and schedule may vary)
After job training, position will be hybrid (in office and remote).
Who you are
- You have a Bachelor’s or Masters in child development, education or a related field.
- You have a minimum of three years’ experience in a child care or education center in Connecticut and understand the unique challenges that child-care providers face.
- You have excellent presentation skills, and are able to use your sense of humor to keep training participants engaged and excited about learning.
- You have the flexibility to work some night-times and weekends.
- You are bilingual in English and Spanish, strongly preferred.
United Way of Connecticut, Inc. endeavors to make www.ctunitedway.org accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact (860) 571-7500. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
United Way fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community. We unequivocally denounce racism and ethnic discrimination in all forms, and we remain committed to building a future of greater opportunity and true equity for all people living in our communities. We act by tackling the structural barriers to equity from past and present systemic racism that have impeded the health, safety and wellbeing of traditionally marginalized people.