Avesta Housing is looking for an organized and detail oriented individual to assist with the management of our portfolio of affordable housing developments in the role of Property Management Assistant.
About Avesta Housing
Avesta Housing is a local leader in housing development, property management, and assisted living solutions. Founded in 1972, our nonprofit organization serves individuals and families in need of quality affordable housing in Maine and New Hampshire.
What it’s Like to Work Here
Our team members have positive attitudes, are creative problem solvers, and share a dedication to housing equity and inclusion for all. Our shared commitment to improving the lives of others and strengthening our communities through affordable housing gives us purpose and inspires our best work. Our workplace culture and continuous opportunities for growth have resulted in Avesta Housing being a popular place to work.
What We're Looking For
- Excellent judgment
- Detail oriented
- Good communications skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to perform analytical tasks, organize and track several administrative projects, and ensure compliance to all federal, state, and agency policies, procedures, and regulations at all times.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in managing multi-family housing preferred.
- Ability to travel throughout Southern Maine and New Hampshire.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including tact, discretion, listening, and problem-solving.
- Ability to work successfully with a wide variety of people, departments, and circumstances.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate in English
Click HERE to view the full Property Management Assistant job description.
This a full-time (37.5 hours/week) non-exempt position. Hourly starting range is $19.00- $20.50.
Work Location This position is based in Kennebunk, Maine and will require travel to a portfolio of properties throughout Southern Maine and New Hampshire. This is an on-site role with some opportunity for remote work.
We have excellent employee benefits, including:
- Employer-paid health and dental plans for employees
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with immediate vested match of up to 6%
- Employer-paid basic life, long-term and short-term disability
- Free mental wellness services for benefits-eligible employees
- 13 paid holidays
- Up to 8 weeks paid parental leave
- Generous earned time, starting with 19 days in first year of employment
- Professional development assistance
- Employee referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
Ready to Apply?
If this job sounds like a fit for you, please click through to our Employment Application. A resume and cover letter that tells us how your experience is relevant to this role are required.