Ideal candidate possesses proficient Excel skills, a finance degree, and a desire to develop within the real estate industry. Candidate should be enthusiastic, have a high energy level, and desire to solve complex problems related to asset management within retail and mixed-use real estate. Candidates should desire a fast paced and fluid work environment with the ability to work on several projects at once and the interpersonal skills to communicate with a variety of departments. Candidate must be a self-starter with a positive attitude and problem-solving ability.
- Prepare and analyze materials for portfolio analysis including traffic and sales trends, occupancy costs comparisons, financial performance, etc.
- Prepare and modify real estate project budgets, quarterly budget reforecasts, cash flow analysis, and pro-formas.
- Create and update property and/or portfolio level valuation models and waterfalls (ARGUS/Excel) on a quarterly basis or as needed; provide analysis of property performance relative to budgeted targets.
- Develop pro-forma and discounted cash flow models for assets in various stages of operation (i.e., lease-up, stabilization, repositioning, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with debt and equity reporting guidelines -calculating project debt yields/debt service coverage, preparing investor quarterly reports.
- Read and interpret leases to determine occupancy, co-tenancy impacts, exclusives, Landlord recapture rights, sales kick-outs, etc. Continuous monitoring of “at-risk” retail tenants.
- Assist with monthly financial reporting, occupancy reporting and year end reconciliations.
- Monitor monthly property accounts receivable collection reports.
- Provide an analytical framework for decisions on capital spending and vendor management.
- Understand and advise of budget/forecast variances and corrective actions.
- Research and interpret complex lease provisions to assist with resolving tenant conflicts.
- Prepare lease deal analysis including IRR, NPV, payback timeframe on monthly cash flows.
- Analyze prospective tenant financial statements to determine creditworthiness and financial solvency.
- Assist in restructuring of debt and equity financing.
- Develop and maintain corporate “Equity Build” analysis and update personal net worth calculations as necessary.
- Import and work with data in Argus software.
- Update monthly executive portfolio review materials (NOI vs budget, sales, traffic, collections, etc.)
- Business degree (Finance degree strongly preferred).
- Relevant retail real estate experience a plus.
- Argus experience a plus.
- Candidate must be enthusiastic, intelligent, creative, flexible, have a great attitude, have strong technical aptitude and a desire to understand real estate processes.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills required.
- Strong executive presence required.
What Trademark Provides
· 15 days Paid Time Off - no waiting period. Increases over time.
· Additional day off for your birthday each year
· 2 Volunteer days to use in your own community.
· 10 additional paid holidays off
· 401k employer match after 30 days of employment
· Employee assistance program to support every aspect of your wellbeing.
· Annual Bonus Structure
· Company Paid LTD, STD, and Life Insurance
· Personal and professional growth opportunities