Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance is the largest orthopaedic surgery group in Nashville and Middle Tennessee. TOA concentrates on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal system which allow our patients to live their best life. Ninety plus years later we are advancing the practice of orthopaedic surgery throughout the state.
There are a number of reasons why TOA is an employer of choice; here are a few of them:
- Stability - TOA has been in Middle Tennessee since 1926 and has expanded to nearly 20 locations!
- Impact - TOA’s team members use our careers – whether in our clinics or our business office – to make a positive difference in the community by building relationships and helping patients live their best life.
- Work Environment - The TOA team focuses on fostering an excellent working environment; one of positivity, collaboration, job satisfaction, and engagement.
- Total Rewards - TOA offers competitive salaries based on the current Middle Tennessee wage market, plus a comprehensive suite of benefits, including Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, and more. Our 401(k) plan provides a company match, safe harbor match and profit sharing match to go along with your contributions.
The Financial Counselor is an important link in the TOA revenue cycle effort. While most of our collections are through insurance companies, this role focuses on individuals who are in a "self-pay" mode. The result is a TOA employee who understands the importance of interpersonal communication and customer service in direct conversations with TOA patients and their designated representatives.
- Work the daily appointments - Open balances and print statements for front desk to collect at check-in
- Meet face to face with patients regarding balances on their account
- Explain patient benefits (Deductibles, Co-pays, & Co-insurance amounts)
- Set up payment plans
- Submit adjustment requests
- Request patient refunds
- Assist front desk with check-out
- Pre-service collections ( Surgery deposit, ESI, & High Dollar Drugs)
- Schedule patients for appointments or follow-ups
- Work the self-pay report(aging report & work log)
- Follow-up on insurance denials
- Collect patient payments
- Any additional task assigned by Site Manager or Front Desk Supervisor
- Demonstrated success in a revenue cylce or healthcare business office environment, specifically with self-pay or insurance collections.
- Exceptional focus on Customer Service.
- Strong, positive, telephone communication skills
- Ability to read and understand payer remittance advices
- Ability to differentiate between allowed charges, contractual adjustments, line item denials / reasons, patient responsibility (co-pay, co-insurance, and deductibles), bundled payments, etc.
- Must be able to meet average expectations for productivity and quality standards
- Must possess detail orientation, and the ability to recognize patient address changes, typing errors, medical coding mistakes, or other revenue cycle errors.
- Ability to organize and prioritize day-to-day tasks to keep work assignments current.
- Strong mathematical skills to accurately apply discounts and to ensure correct patient balances
- Proficient in MS-Excel for analyzing data using basic formulas, pivot tables, and charts.
TOA is an equal opportunity employer. TOA conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers