Deerwood Bank is now hiring for a full-time Teller/New Accounts Representative in its Bemidji branch. We are seeking candidates who have experience with performing a variety of duties such as opening and maintaining customer accounts, teller work, accurately balancing as well as other tasks as assigned. This position demands a high level of customer service skills and attention to detail.
Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist customers and staff with various retail, operations and customer service support.
- Receives customer deposits for all accounts and payments. Verifying customer balances and requiring proper identification and documentation.
- Maintains currency and coin supply within bank policy.
- Maintains balancing records within acceptable limits.
- Familiar with security equipment and understands safety precautions.
- Maintains adequate supplies of and appropriate audits of cashier’s checks, gift cards, reloadable cards and temporary cards.
- Cross trains employees in all functions of the Teller position.
- May begin to open accounts, performs applicable maintenance and account closures when needed and if applicable.
- Provides various tasks including but not limited to verifying balances, maintain load and balance ATM, order checks, documenting change of addresses, answering phones and questions, follow proper safe deposit box access, may have to maintain bait money, branch capture, redeem savings bonds, buy and sell foreign currency, prepare cashier checks, selling gift and reloadable cards, temporary cards, wire transfers, verify mail and night depository bags and envelopes, accurate logs and other appropriate activities to support the banks service reputation.
- Cross sell and introduce new services to customers focusing on branch goals and regulatory guidelines.
- Open and close the bank following proper security procedures.
- Any other functions, duties and responsibilities as management may assign.
- Provide excellent customer service and work in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and make on the spot decisions regarding customer transactions, weighing customer satisfaction issues with exposure to loss or fraud.
- In-depth knowledge of all bank deposit products, services and policies.
- Basic knowledge of bank loan and investment center products.
- Effectively operate all office equipment required to support this position. To include but not limited to personal computer, strong keyboarding skills, fax, scanner/copier, printer, phone system, all applications, spreadsheets, database and presentation software necessary.
- Must be alert to fraudulent activity, dishonesty, questionable behavior or improper handling of accounts and report to appropriate Bank personnel.
- Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, positive attitude and pleasant personality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Display independent judgement.
- Demonstrate excellent organization, prioritize workflow, adaptability and flexibility.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be a quick thinker and learner while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work the following hours: Monday - Friday 7:00am-3:30pm/8:00am-5:00pm/9:00am-6:00pm on rotation, plus 1-2 Saturdays from 8:00am-12:00pm.
Training and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Cash handling experience.
- Frontline banking customer service experience preferred.
If this sounds like you, apply today.
About Deerwood Bank
Founded in Deerwood, Minnesota in 1910, Deerwood Bank is a community bank that strives to take a complicated financial world and make it nice & simple. Nice in how we treat our staff and loyal customers. Simple in our products – no fuss here… simple and easy-to-understand products and services. With 12 locations around Minnesota, we’re bringing nice & simple banking to your community!
Deerwood Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.