Responsible for ensuring excellent customer service by accurately processing orders within company guidelines. A receiving clerk is the person who checks and unloads incoming shipments at the distribution center. The job description entails verifying that the correct amounts and types of items were received. It also involves inspecting the inventory to ensure their quality.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To accomplish the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodations, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Unload incoming shipment
- Receive Inventory
- Perform shelf replenishment
- Use RF equipment
- Great attention to detail
- Comply with safely regulations and maintain clean and orderly work area
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Work in a positive and productive manner with DC team members
- Ability to perform simple math functions
- Be able to have consistent low error margin along with speed and accuracy
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
Skills and Abilities:
Education: High School Diploma (or equivalent); previous warehouse experience a plus
Experience: Read, write, and simple math. Able to life 50 lbs. Must be able to work independently with little supervision. In addition, must be able to work in a timely and accurate manner.
Physical Demands Descriptions:
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity up to 33% - 66% of time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity mor than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Manually Manipulate F
Reach Outward F
Reach Above Shoulder F
Squat or Kneel F
Other Physical Requirements:
- Vision (Near, Peripheral)
- Ability to lift more than 50 lbs.