Trademark Property Company is looking for a financial analyst for our Investments and Development teams with a primary focus on underwriting acquisition, development and redevelopment opportunities for mixed-use projects throughout the US. Ideal candidate would have a desire to develop their career within the commercial real estate industry. Candidate should be enthusiastic and have a high energy level. Candidates should desire a dynamic work environment and be willing to assist wherever needed. Candidates must have strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel) and Argus with exceptional financial modeling skills.
- Perform due diligence and underwriting of prospective acquisitions and developments.
- Assemble complex financial models that project the potential financial performance of mixed-use projects – primarily retail, office and multi-family.
- Assist in preparation of project underwriting presentation packages to present to the Company’s executive team, lenders, and investors.
- Perform risk analyses as it relates to development, occupancy, and net operating income, including break-even analysis, lease-up assumptions, market demand, supply, net effective rents, occupancy rates, expenses, and capitalization rates.
- Research specific real estate markets and assess market data and trends.
- Leverage industry knowledge to evaluate retail tenant credit risk and draw conclusions as to the overall potential impact to NOI and cap rate.
- Collaborate with leasing, construction and development teams to develop pro-formas for various redevelopment opportunities.
- Review and monitor “at risk” retail tenants (sales kick-outs, co-tenancy, early termination rights,etc).
- Research and interpret complex lease provisions.
- Analyze prospective tenant financial statements.
- Help finance group obtain and restructure debt and equity financing.
- Develop and maintain corporate “Equity Build” analysis.
- Ensure compliance with debt and equity reporting guidelines.
- Various other financial analyses as directed.
- College degree (Finance degree preferred), with ideally three to five years of experience in a heavy analytical role.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills required.
- Some travel required.
- Strong Excel and Argus modeling experience required, ideally with complex retail / mixed-use assets.
- Strong understanding and familiarity with nuances of retail assets.
- Candidate must be enthusiastic, intelligent, creative, flexible, have a great attitude, have strong technical aptitude and a desire to understand real estate investment processes.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency will be essential for this position.