At Typhoon Texas, we are creating the ultimate summer season pass! Our Team Members will have the opportunity to gain real-world work experience, develop skills that will further their careers, and make new friends along the way!
Before we move on, let us tell you a little more about us. We are dedicated to exceptional hospitality and making moments worth repeating all summer long! We focus on providing exceptional service and a great environment, developing our employees and having fun!
The Plumber position is responsible for the basic maintenance and repair of a variety of Park facilities ranging from buildings to pools, and attractions. Applicant must possess basic mechanical aptitude and skill. Must have the willingness and ability to use these skills to ensure the operation and maintenance of company equipment and buildings. This position is a member of the Maintenance Department, and this team member may be called to operate equipment to clean pools and slides and may be required to handle chemicals using proper personal protective equipment. Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Understands and supports the Typhoon Texas culture.
- Uses excellent judgment.
- Carry out regular maintenance of plumbing systems throughout the park location.
- Inspect and perform necessary repairs to the plumbing systems throughout the park location.
- Keep up to date with current safety regulations and requirements for the plumbing systems throughout the park location.
- Communicate with all Maintenance team members, as well as park and company leadership.
- Keep a record of all work orders.
- Maintain the company system with updates on work orders and completions.
- Be willing to learn all about the park and provide assistance as needed, when requested.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be 18 with a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be able to walk/stand most of shift (8+hours).
- Must be able to bend, kneel, and reach regularly throughout shift.
- Must be able to work in humid/hot environments and be exposed to direct sunlight, hot temperatures, or rain (park is outdoors).
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays during summer operating season.
- Must be able and willing to learn basic water quality practices, procedures and safe handling of pool chemicals.
- 3 or more years of previous maintenance experience or applicable trade experience (electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc.) preferred but not required.
- Have reliable transportation and able to report for scheduled shift on time.
- Able to work unexpectedly late or unscheduled hours when needed to maintain entire facility with excellence.
- Must be able to multi-task and be flexible in a fast-pace environment.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Able to represent Typhoon Texas professionally, at all times, both internally and externally.