Pay Range: $23.50-$34.00
Status: Year-Round Hourly (Non-Exempt)
Arapahoe Basin Information Technology is committed to developing a premium technology experience for our co-workers and guests. Do you struggle to choose between your love of technology and your love of skiing? Why not have both?!
The Desktop Support Technician at Arapahoe Basin is a hands-on technical support position is responsible for responding to trouble tickets and service requests to help ensure operational continuity throughout the ski area. This position also assists the System Administrator and IT Director with various IT projects throughout the year.
Perks and Benefits for this position include:
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts.
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire.
- 401(k) for eligible employees.
- Paid time-off (PTO) for all full-time employees.
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Provides end-user IT support across all lines of business.
- Provides break/fix hardware and software support on desktop, laptop, point-of-sale, and other user-facing technology, devices, and applications.
- Responsible for implementing, monitoring, and maintaining compliance with hardware and software configuration standards.
- Maintains a high standard of professionalism engaging with supervisors, co-workers, and ski area customers.
- Assists with seasonal computer system maintenance, and implementation of special projects.
- Monitors ticket queue and other communication channels to identify day-to-day tasks with limited supervision.
- Collaborates with System Administrator and IT Director to identify, analyze, and triage more complex problems.
- Triage incoming support issues and determine severity and impact, escalating when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years previous IT support experience
- Experience using RTPOne application – preferred
- Excellent critical thinking/ troubleshooting skills.
- Core technology knowledge will include desktop and laptop computer hardware, including peripherals like document and media printers, and credit card/RFID readers; software knowledge of common Windows applications like Microsoft Office, Chrome, Firefox, and Citrix; familiarity with service delivery in an Active Directory network environment including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy.
- Must be able to stand, sit, type, and view an LED monitor for extended periods.
- Must be able to comfortably lift/carry 35lbs, work in confined or hard to reach spaces, and work for extended periods outside, at altitude, in cold/snowy conditions.
- Must pass motor vehicle background check.
- Must be available weekends and holidays.
- Ski or snowboard at an intermediate level and provide own ski or snowboard equipment.
- Work occurs at the ski area. Not eligible for routine work via remote access from home. Most work occurs indoors, but requires travelling within the ski area boundary in all weather conditions. Some work occurs outdoors, and may require working on ladders and other locations requiring adherence with established work safety protocols.