The C4K Administrative Services Support Specialist is responsible for performing various administrative and clerical tasks including scanning and indexing of documents and processing of mail according to defined procedures and quality assurance standards. This position also conducts a review of applications for the Care 4 Kids Program and takes appropriate action to register the applications following defined procedures. In addition, this position is responsible for processing provider invoices within the standard time of receipt according to program procedures and quality assurance standards established by the Care4Kids Program. This position strives to fulfill the mission of United Way of Connecticut (UWC) at all times while at work.
What you will do:
- Performs various mailroom functions including processing of incoming and outgoing mail with the primary focus of scanning and indexing of documents.
- Indexes and validates mail; prepares files and loose documents to be imaged, indexed, and routed appropriately.
- Sorts and tracks returned mail.
- Develops in-depth knowledge of Care 4 Kids application processing system.
- Completes data entry through application registration to create case numbers or associate with an existing case.
- Reviews and identifies applications with file clearance errors. Reports these errors to the Data Steward according to defined procedures.
- Processes all provider invoices within standard time frame of receipt.
- Contacts providers on telephone or with correspondence to clarify invoice information.
- Researches, verifies and corrects premium discrepancies.
- Authorizes payment consistent with regulations, policy, and procedures.
- Immediately reports any technical problems with equipment, systems, or facilities.
- Consistently meets or exceeds defined production and quality standards.
When and where you will work: the hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Position will be hybrid (in office and remote)
The Pay & Benefits
- $15.50 per hour
- Additional $0.75 per worked hour for certified Spanish- or Portuguese-speaking staff ($1.50 per hour worked for both languages) after 90 days on the job.
- An outright 8% 401(k) contribution.
- 20 day of Paid Time Off – you begin accruing immediately!
- 13 paid holidays per year or special pay for worked holidays
- Supportive, culturally diverse, and inclusive company culture.
- And more!
Who you are
- You have at least a High School Diploma/GED and clerical work experience.
- Knowledge of and/or ability to interpret relevant State and Federal laws, statutes and regulations.
- Data entry/keyboard, and MS Office, proficiency
United Way of Connecticut, Inc. endeavors to make www.ctunitedway.org accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact (860) 571-7500. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
United Way fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community. We unequivocally denounce racism and ethnic discrimination in all forms, and we remain committed to building a future of greater opportunity and true equity for all people living in our communities. We act by tackling the structural barriers to equity from past and present systemic racism that have impeded the health, safety and wellbeing of traditionally marginalized people.