At Asurint, we’re building a leading information-based technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Asurint is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing innovation, flexibility and personal ownership to background screening – all while addressing the changing regulatory landscape. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the positive onboarding experience of their employees. We are succeeding because they succeed.
The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for planning, implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting local on-premise VMware and Microsoft enterprise products.
- Plans, designs, develops, evaluates, tests, and integrates organization’s systems infrastructure, including the implementation and design of hardware and software.
- Implements and maintains Windows and Linux based systems to support business objectives including pre-production and production areas.
- Collaborates with Information Technology staff and other company stakeholders to gather requirements and implement systems to meet business and technical objectives, SLAs, availability needs, and capacity requirements including high availability, farms/clusters, and disaster recovery.
- Participates in all phases of system development, deployment, configuration and monitoring including performance and availability alerting, security and capacity planning.
- Researches software and systems to make recommendations on selection and implementation.
- Designs and performs server security audits.
- Assists with overseeing the business continuity plan and ensuring business processes are protected, secure,
- Creates and maintains system procedural and technical documentation.
- Designs and deploys applications and enhancements to existing software and operating systems.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience with VMware [ESXi, vCenter, vRealize, NSX] is required.
- Experience with the Microsoft suite of products in an enterprise environment with AD is required.
- Experience with Linux administration and configuration [Ubuntu, CentOS] is required.
- Experience with SAN, iSCSI storage technologies and protocols is required.
- Experience with TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS networking is required.
- Experience with PowerShell and Ansible scripting/automation is required.
- Experience with LogicMonitor, vRealize, Veeam One, SolarWinds suite monitoring tools is required.
- Experience with cloud computing services such as Azure and Google is preferred.
- Experience with the legal/court system is preferred.
- Experience with background screening is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Relevant business management systems such as general ledger, HRIS, CRM, etc. is preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Certifications or licensure: VMware Certified Professional or Microsoft Certified System Engineer is required. Drivers’ license and ability to maintain a driving record that is satisfactory to the Company’s liability insurance carrier is required.
- Years of relevant experience: 5 to 7 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: None.
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting although off-site meetings in various settings occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Some travel by personal automobile and a valid drivers’ license is required. Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less].
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Open Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Free gym in building
- Learning and Development programs
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
*Asurint is an EEOC Employer