Marketing Communications Manager
Dillon, CO • Marketing
Marketing – Communications Manager
Pay Range: $56,680-$85,280
Status: Year-round Salary (Exempt)
Create, implement and oversee internal and external communication programs that effectively describe and promote the organization, its brand and its products. Among other projects, the Communications Manager would act as the public relations representative of the resort, oversee website management and contribute to the customer relationship management process.
Perks and Benefits for this position include:
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe Basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts
- Free, transferrable A-Basin comp lift tickets earned for every 120 hours worked
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire
- 401(k) for eligible employees
- Paid time-off for all full-time employees
- Sick pay and bereavement pay for all employees
- End-of-season bonus for all employees
- Financial assistance and mental health resources through WorkLife Partnership
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Obtain editorial opportunities through various sources
- Manage monitoring and analysis of traditional, broadcast and social media
- Manage crisis communications procedures and training
- Develop an annual communications plan and calendar
- Conduct on-site, off-site and remote television, radio and online interviews
- Send photo and video collateral to media with contextual information
- Maintain updated media lists for photos and other areas of interest
- Attend local SPIO meetings and trainings
- Create seasonal press kit
- Organize FAMs and media tours
- Attend various media trips, in-state, out-of-state and internationally, representing the company
- Answer incoming PR inquiries
- Write copy for sales emails, guest outreach and newsletters
- Assist CRM Manager and Product Manager with duties related to analytics of CRM tactics and strategies and serving as a backup for sending guest messages
- Review email reports to analyze which stories do best with each audience
- Manage A-Basin's relationship with the external website development team
- Keep information on website updated and relevant
- Explore and implement new website technologies
- Coordinate snow reporting procedures
- Coordinate product launches with CRM and Product Managers
- Compile and analyze website traffic via Google Analytics
- Manage snow reporting in conjunction with Ski Patrol
- Event committee member
- Other duties as assigned
- Oversee and supervise the Content Specialist including delegation of daily tasks, as well as training, coaching and disciplinary concerns.
- Responsible for administrative tasks including payroll, scheduling, hiring and other related administrative functions.
- Highschool Diploma or equivalent.
- 5 years professional communication experience. Ski industry experience preferred.
- Microsoft suite
- Ability to withstand high-altitude conditions at all times
- Ability to sit, stand, and navigate stairs
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, twist, kneel, squat, crawl, push, pull, throw throughout a shift
- Must successfully complete a motor vehicle background check - preferred
- Must be available weekends and some holidays
- This position will mostly work indoors – in an office setting while sitting and using a computer. Occasionally, this position will work outdoors in a high-alpine environment in all types of weather conditions. Additionally, this position may require riding a chair lift.