JOB SUMMARY: A Rock Academy teacher is a positive role model who represents Jesus Christ. He/She provides a well-rounded education for students while guiding and encouraging students to develop their own relationship with Christ. Teachers plan, organize and implement appropriate instructional programs that guide and encourage students to develop and fulfill their academic and spiritual potential, reflecting the mission and vision of Rock Academy.
Essential functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Effective communication and partnership with parents
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities
- Develop and implement lessons that foster a passion for learning and growing
- Create hands-on, inquiry and project-based lessons that engage learners and build
excitement about the subject
- Demonstrate concepts using various modalities
- Evaluate each student’s progress in their knowledge and skills
- Use relevant technology to support, differentiate and provide individualized instruction
- Encourage and monitor student progress and adjust teaching strategies
- Lead strong classroom management that fosters relationships
- Provide ongoing, frequent and constructive feedback on work to lead student learning
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development
- Participate in department, school, and parent meetings
- Communicate regularly with students, colleagues and parents regarding student
Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Equipped to work with students from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds. • Encourage parent and community involvement.
- Participate in appropriate professional activities.
- Participate in extracurricular and community activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required skills and ability:
- B.A/B.S or greater from an accredited institution or related field. Authorized to work in US.
- CA credential preferred but not required. Three years experience preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must have proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
- Perform all other related work required to accomplish the objectives of the school program.
- Knowledge and implementation of relevant technology.
- Meet professional teacher education requirements of school.
Physical Requirements Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer, hand-held learning devices and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Teachers at Rock Academy desire to serve the Lord Jesus Christ through the education of their students. Each believing God has saved and called them to the task of teaching, they seek to reflect and reveal Christ to their students. In faithful living, teachers are expected to:
- Be committed to obeying Christ, their redeemer
- Have a regular and active devotional life
- Practice love, joy, patience, kindness, self-control, gentleness, faithfulness, and
- Model biblical principles, in and out of the classroom
- Be humble in spirit but bold in Christ-like practice
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employees.