ABOUT FIDELITY BANK:
Founded in 1888, Fidelity Bank is one of the strongest independent community banks in Central and Eastern Massachusetts. Celebrating its 20-year anniversary as the brand promise to the community, Fidelity Bank’s unique LifeDesign approach to banking provides the care and clarity needed to make informed decisions with confidence. The Bank offers a range of personal and business banking solutions to clients in 13 full-service banking centers in Leominster, Worcester, Fitchburg, Needham, Gardner, Shirley, Barre, Millbury, Paxton, Princeton, and Winchendon. The Bank has consistently earned a “5 Star” rating from BauerFinancial, Inc., the nation’s leading independent bank rating and research firm. Fidelity Bank was the only bank in Central and Western Massachusetts recognized as one of Forbes “America’s Best Banks in Each State 2022,” in addition to being voted Worcester Telegram & Gazette Best Financial Services in Central Massachusetts and placing on the Boston Globe’s Top Places to Work list six times. As of December 31, 2022, the bank had total assets of approximately $1.4 billion. For more information, visit www.fidelitybankonline.com or www.facebook.com/fidelitybankma.
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative Manager of Learning, Development, and Engagement to join our team. This individual will build and facilitate activities and programs focused on the growth, development, engagement, and retention of our colleagues. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for learning, care for their colleagues, and have experience creating and delivering a broad range of training, including sales training. As the Learning and Development Manager, you will be responsible for designing and implementing engaging training programs that align with the needs of the organization.
You will be expected to create innovative and effective training strategies, incorporating a variety of learning methodologies such as e-learning, classroom training, and on-the-job coaching. As a member of the team, you will be instrumental in identifying areas for improvement and developing programs that address these gaps.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of designing and delivering successful sales training programs. You will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, allowing you to build strong relationships with stakeholders and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
In this role, you will also be responsible for managing and maintaining learning management systems, evaluating training effectiveness, and measuring ROI to ensure training initiatives are aligned with business objectives.
If you are a passionate and driven individual who is committed to developing others and improving organizational performance, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
· Collaborate with management on training plans, and strategic development programs for departments and individuals
· Design and develop learning and development programs from needs to evaluation
· Champion the consistent and successful use of the Bank’s unique CARE process across all departments
· Implement programs and initiatives to support the I&D strategy including awareness training, coaching, mentorship, and leadership development programs for high-potential colleagues
· Partner with managers to successfully deliver on-the-job training , as well as deliver coaching, development, and redirection conversations to enable optimal colleague performance at all levels of the organization
· Work collaboratively with managers to facilitate development planning discussions, and the implementation of individual development plans
· Collaborate with management on engagement strategies
· Conduct regular pulse checks of the culture and people experiences; share results; recommend actions
· Oversee the annual survey for employee satisfaction and facilitate department action plans
· Use Predictive Index tools to optimize individual and team performance
· Build and leverage core HR skills to provide depth and strength in critical areas
· Implement and maintain a core competency model for the organization, specific departments, and individual jobs to be used for job design and colleague development
Bachelor’s Degree preferred with a minimum of 5-7 years of successful experience as a trainer, preferably in a banking environment; minimum 2+ years providing strategic L&D oversight, which must include experience managing and mentoring training colleagues. General, broad-based knowledge of overall bank operations is desired. Understanding of related legal and regulatory requirements. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Skilled and comfortable with public speaking and making presentations to both small and large groups. Excellent partnering and influencing skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are proud to offer a competitive compensation and benefits program which includes health, dental, vision, life, disability, immediate 401(k) plan participation, work/life flexibility and generous paid time off, as well as voluntary benefits such as pet insurance and identity protection.
Fidelity Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.