Focused exclusively on substance use disorders and addiction treatment, axialHealthcare is a technology enabled care solutions company that partners with managed care companies, integrated health systems, and government to improve patient outcomes, reduce opioid misuse, and materially reduce the cost of medical care. Our analytics and our clinical care team identify patient populations at risk for opioid addiction and deploy custom care solutions to mitigate that risk. We are a team of passionate innovators working to solve the nation’s opioid epidemic.
The Chief Medical Officer will be a physician executive with experience treating patients with substance use disorders and a passion for improving care across the care delivery continuum. The Chief Medical Officer will be a member of the executive leadership team, reporting to the CEO, and will lead the development of axialHealthcare’s clinical strategy. The CMO role is a strategically important position with shared responsibility for clinical operations, business development, product development & innovation. Additionally, this position is charged with ensuring that every axialHealthcare patient receives the most appropriate, highest quality, evidence-based care.
- Provides thought leadership, strategic direction, and oversight for all clinical programs
- Develops and implements a clinical strategy to improve outcomes for axialHealthcare’s patients and creates value for axialHealthcare’s customers. Matrixed oversight of all clinical operations
- Leads axialHealthcare’s Scientific Advisory Board to gather insights from thought leaders across the care continuum
- Informs product development and uses relationships to drive business development
- As part of the senior leadership team, collaborates with peers to develop and implement strategy, business plans, operating systems, and capital allocation plans consistent with the broader strategy, plans and goals of axialHealthcare
- Ability to develop a bold innovative clinical vision that leads to concrete strategies and initiatives to deliver nationally recognized best in class outcomes
- Ability to lead colleagues and the company through change and growth
- Develop new clinical, care management, and analytic products, tools and solutions
- Work collaboratively with clinical leadership of external payer, provider and government clients to ensure appropriate alignment of clinical policies and procedures, and compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal laws
- Provide thought leadership and advisory services to internal partners in support of product innovation
- Recognized as a thought leader in the area of addiction medicine and develops the relationships necessary to promote axialHealthcare’s clinical vision
- Work with data science and analytics teams to define models and solutions to meet the demands of internal and external stakeholders
- Travel with the business development team up to 50% in order to promote axialHealthcare’s value proposition from a clinical perspective
- Support the production of publications, white papers, and presentations