*Position based in Jefferson City, MO*
We are committed to supporting at risk children and families providing them with tools and resources to help prevent children from experiencing child abuse, neglect and abandonment. We are a Christian agency that believes in living our mission, we provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need.
In response to this community-wide challenge, Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services (PCHAS), provides 14 programs and services in 28 locations, in Missouri, Texas, and Louisiana, which provide children with permanent homes and adults with increased self-sufficiency. This is accomplished by the agency’s commitment to “The PCHAS Way” which inspires the agency to be strength-focused, family-centered, and goal driven with every client.
Benefits of serving children and families in need through PCHAS include competitive salaries, flex work schedules, paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance options, voluntary life insurance options, paid holidays, and a very generous retirement plan (after one year of service and working 1,000 hours the agency matches an employee 200% up to a 3% retirement contribution).
Working Conditions: Position based in the Missouri Alliance office in Jefferson City, MO. Typical office setting, work at desk 95% of the time, equipment includes computer, phone, copy machine.
Position Summary: The Jr. Web Developer provides a variety of support for CSWIS (Client Management System). This support includes independently troubleshooting application and report bugs, developing web forms, MS Access reports, SQL Views and SQL Stored procedures. This position will also aid in application development by working independently and in conjunction with Sr. CFF Systems team members, consulting with customers to assess data and reporting needs. The Sr. Web Developer supervises this position.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide tier 3 support for the client management systems.
- Debug midlevel SQL Stored Procedures and Views
- Debug system interface issues
- Create SQL Views, Update Stored Procedures, and Update SQL tables based on customer needs.
- Work closely with customers to understand their needs as these needs might change or grow.
- Create and update reports and queries in MS Access to support reporting needs.
- Define processes and ensure compatibility with other systems that interface with our CMS.
- Will lead user group meetings.
- Will act as a liaison between CFF System developers and our customers.
- Provide technical support to staff in home office.
- Other duties as assigned to support the missions of CFF Systems and PCHAS.
- Minimum of high school graduate, with advanced training or college coursework with databases preferred. Minimum of 1-2 years of database management/web form development experience, preferably with a client management system for social welfare agency.
- Must have desire and drive to continue to develop skill set in web development and in SQL
- Demonstrate initiative, efficient organization with time management skills and ability to set priorities.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills, effective time management and organization skills.
- Be trustworthy and able to maintain confidentiality in all areas related to the business, welfare and constituent information of the agency.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with staff throughout the agency.
Must hold a valid driver’s license, have and maintain a risk-free driving record. Must be willing to undergo initial and periodic child abuse/neglect, criminal history, sexual offender, and childcare/elder care disqualification list screenings. As requested, must submit fingerprints for review by the state of your employment and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Must undergo a pre-employment drug screen and a pre-employment physical with the results showing no evidence of communicable disease.
Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services is a faith-based Christian organization. We provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need. We strive to serve like Jesus. We meet our clients where they are and treat them with respect. We focus on our clients’ strengths rather than their problems. And we encourage our clients to focus on their future rather than their past. When we do this well, we help our clients find hope and know the love of God.