We’re looking for a Machine Operator to join our team! An ideal associate for this role has the ability to: safely operate fabrication equipment (we’ll train you!), create quality countertops from slabs of granite, show off excellent customer service skills, and report to our Shop Manager. Beautiful countertops start with you! At Nonn’s, we offer an endless array of different careers in all types of environments! Where you start your journey with us is just the beginning of a bright future full of even more opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Each day you walk into the granite shop, you’ll get the fabrication operating along with CNC machines and other equipment in a safe manner (the manufacturer’s procedures are there to guide you). You’ll do a little walk around the shop and make sure all the machines are maintained, as well as make sure your workstation is nice and clean. As part of your craft, you’ll hand polish material and make sure it’s ready to go out to the customer! And don’t forget to say hi to your team when you make your rounds!
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- For this role, we’re on the lookout for an individual who can lift 75-100 pounds of materials, unassisted, on a regular basis. Your exceptional attention-to-detail and accuracy, as well as being well-organized and a multi-tasker means the products you create come out as beautifully as they were designed to be. Extra points if you have experience in fabrication techniques or have the ability to learn them!
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess the ability to stand for extended periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle machinery and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 100 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and products.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bustling warehouse environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.