We’re looking for a Drafting Field Technician to join our team!. A great technician for this role has the ability to template granite/stone projects with accurate jobsite measurements and installation information. You’re the liaison between the blueprint and the final product!
At Nonn’s, we offer an endless array of different careers in all types of environments! Where you start your journey with us is just the beginning of a bright future full of even more opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
A typical day in the role: You’ll plan your route for the day and go out in the field to get measurements of customer spaces with detailed precision and accuracy. Then you’ll drive back to the Granite Shop office (and of course, enjoy the scenery along the way) to input your measurements into AutoCAD. From there, you’ll template and draft your work, while adding all the necessary details and notes about potential hidden job costs. Once you’ve reviewed your work and made sure everything is in tip-top shape, you get to send it off to the sales associate and turn it into a bid.
And when that’s all said and done, you’ll check on your other projects’ job progress, make sure that the installations meet customers’ expectations and are being finished safely and professionally. That’s your day!
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- For this particular role, we are on the lookout for someone who can look at blueprints and measurements, then template them in AutoCAD and add necessary details. Your exceptional attention to detail and accuracy, as well as mathematical skills, and understanding of bids are imperative for this role. Most importantly, you’ll need to have the ability to learn new computer software programs and have a driver’s license with a clean driving record!
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between jobsites; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 50 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of products
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Jobsite environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.