The Resident Service Coordinator provides support and referral services to a population of residents in subsidized multifamily properties. They will monitor the resident’s living conditions, the needs and services they are receiving. The Resident Service Coordinator will coordinate programs and services to help residents maintain and improve their quality of life and track its impact and effectiveness.
- Work collaboratively with residents to survey their interests in programming and related activities.
- Host quarterly meetings with residents.
- Develop an outcomes-based work plan for the community.
- Coordinate community impact programs involving After-School Tutoring, Workforce Development, Health/Nutrition, Financial Literacy, Broadband Access, and Seniors.
- Create a communications plan (flyers, social media, automated calling, home visits, calendar of events, etc.) to inform residents of meetings, programs, and special events.
- Provide direct case management support to prevent evictions, utility cut-offs, and to help ensure food security and health.
- Help facilitate voter registration drives.
- Track and report on program effectiveness. Will work closely with the department supervisor to measure program outcomes.
- Work as a liaison between Community Managers and residents to ensure resident preparedness for annual recertifications. Will help residents identify important paperwork for annual recertifications.
- Participate in internal and external workgroups to support civic activities and stay current on emerging neighborhood issues.
- Provide crisis intervention support.
- Provide fundraising support for grants, special events, and campaigns.
- Educate residents on service availability, application procedures, job training, etc. Advocate for residents in these areas.
- Develop and execute or facilitate family development and parenting events for all populations.
- Work closely with management and as a conduit with at risk households to prevent eviction for non-payment of rent or for violations of lease agreements.
- Work as a liaison between Community Management and residents during construction period to ensure compliance with Low Income Housing Tax Credit qualifying and assist residents impacted by construction in their home.
- Coordinate non-profit partners and community organizations programming on site or offsite
- Serve as primary contact for residents, non-profits and city/state agencies for the implementation, registration of and participation programs and events.
- Serve as resident liaison for community meetings and social services, programs, and events.
- Identify issues and opportunity ongoing to better serve residents and support Fairstead’s mission.
- Serve as community relations liaison as needed for public meetings, Tenant Association meetings and events.
- Work with Property Management Team, track and maintain day-to-day social services activities at the property and in accordance with local, city, state and federal guidelines.
- Maintain a Resource Directory that includes a listing of state and/or local service providers that residents can contact for assistance.
- Maintain consistent documentation of program activities, case management notes, and reports
- Perform other related duties as required.
To perform the job successfully, the following skills and/or experience is required to qualify for the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, social work or related field; Master’s in social work or related field preferred. LMSW preferred but not required. AmeriCorps and VISTA experience welcomed.
- Demonstrated volunteer and community experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
- Positive outgoing attitude and excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient listener with excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite. Demonstrated working knowledge of computer applications and data tracking systems like Family Metrics and Yardi.
- Able to effectively present and information and respond to questions from management, vendors, and associates.
- Adhere to tight deadlines and quick turnaround for deliverables.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic environment where adaptability is imperative.
- Strong written and oral skills.
- Accurate with a strong attention to detail.
Fairstead is a purpose-driven real estate firm dedicated to building sustainable communities across the country. Headquartered in New York, with offices in Colorado, Florida, Maryland, and South Carolina, Fairstead oversees a $7.8 billion portfolio in assets and identified pipeline, and owns and manages more than 170 communities across 28 states. Fairstead’s commitment to communities is realized through a comprehensive platform that leverages in-house expertise in acquisitions, development, design and construction, marketing, and property management. Fairstead also implements some of the industry’s most proactive sustainability, resiliency, and community impact programs to foster positive social, economic, and environmental change. In 2022, the company launched Fairstead Ventures, a proptech investment initiative dedicated to fundamentally changing the standards in the housing industry with a focus on energy and decarbonization.
Fairstead’s primary mission is to provide high quality housing to all regardless of income, and to make our stakeholders feel “Right at Home.” We accomplish this through an empathetic and innovative approach, and by utilizing our interdisciplinary platform as an investor, developer, owner, and operator. Fairstead provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design, construction, energy, sustainability, property management and social services. With a long-term commitment to its residents, communities, and partners, the Fairstead team stands out by:
Listening to and understanding the needs of its residents, communities, partners, and stakeholders alike
Developing and preserving high quality affordable housing in an innovative and sustainable fashion
Creating a positive social and environmental impact within the properties and communities it serves
Fairstead’s Core Values