Join a team with a 30+ year commitment to offering first-quality materials, competitive prices and unmatched service. Nonn's Kitchen Bath & Flooring is currently seeking a skilled candidate to succeed in the role of Delivery Driver. This is a full-time, hourly position with the primary responsibility to safely drive straight truck to deliver products expeditiously and accurately.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Records amount of materials or items received or distributed.
- Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer orders.
- Determines condition of vehicle by inspecting vehicle before and after use; logging inspection; reporting requirements.
- Maintains safe vehicle and conditions and protects load by complying with organization policies, procedures, highway rules and regulations.
- Makes deliveries of appliances by driving delivery truck to specific customers and unloading truck.
- Provides customer service by listening and resolving customer concerns
- Returns empty containers and rejected or unsold merchandise by making appropriate collections from customers.
- Handles product properly and reports damage to manager.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift between 75 and 100 pounds of material unassisted and on a regular basis.
- Basic knowledge and use of hand tools and moving equipment.
- Ability to complete overnight travel to meet delivery requirements.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Ability to drive material handling equipment (forklift). Will train if necessary.
- Possess a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record that meets the minimum requirements of the company's insurance provider.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability drive long periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between delivery sites; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 100 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Warehouse and Job Sites
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.