The Field Engineer acts as a partner and technology evangelist for their assigned client(s), providing on-site technology services; troubleshooting for desktop and infrastructure issues; and performing preventive maintenance.
- Providing on-site support for client technical environments, including networking/server infrastructure, desktop support, virtualization, application support, etc.
- Provides on-site support for end users, demonstrating high levels of customer service and in accordance with client service level targets.
- Acting as a customer-facing systems consultant, technical advisor, and onsite resource for client points of contact, making recommendations for the technology road map in coordination with the Technical Account Manager.
- Develop strong relationships with onsite client points of contact and act as a strong ambassador of Managed Solution.
- Provide routine onsite systems maintenance and administration tasks, such as reviewing firewall logs; updating firmware (firewall, switches, BIOS, RAID controllers, network, etc.); checking equipment status indicators (LEDs); reviewing SSL certifications; and performing preventive maintenance and other tasks requiring onsite presence.
- Assessing and documenting client infrastructure for use by help desk support staff, ensuring company documentation remains current and correct. Provides clarification and guidance to help desk support staff regarding assigned client portfolio.
- Provides system and utilization reporting as needed by internal stakeholders and client points of contact.
- Ensures all supported devices are inventoried and have agents installed in accordance with operating procedures.
- Resolving technical issues for managed services clients, providing support in person and remotely by email/phone.
- Thoroughly documenting all activities in ConnectWise ticketing system. Responsible for reviewing tickets related to assigned client portfolio to assist where possible and ensure timely resolution of client issues.
- Configuring and utilizing monitoring tools to ensure high uptime for client environments.
- Maintaining compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Performing all related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Shift + Availability Requirements: Monday through Friday, hours to be agreed upon based on Company needs. Company operates in Pacific Time Zone.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- An associates or bachelor’s degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, or related field plus 3-5+ years of experience providing server/desktop support in a Microsoft environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to work and communicate professionally in written and verbal English.
- Organization and planning skills with the ability to manage priorities and commitments in a productive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to “wow” clients with a positive “can-do” attitude and resourceful problem-solving
- High standards coupled with accountability and ownership for your work
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a team to solve client issues and provide comprehensive support
- Demonstrated experience with Windows 2012/2016/2019+ servers, Microsoft Exchange 2013/2016+, Windows 7/8/10 and Microsoft Office 2016/365. Experience in other Microsoft applications is a huge plus.
- Proven analytical skills and the ability to solve complex technical problems, including troubleshooting of networking infrastructure (Fortinet/Dell preferred); server infrastructure; and desktop issues, primarily within a Microsoft OS. Mac experience a plus!
- Technical certifications (Microsoft, A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, etc.) highly desired. Attaining/maintaining certifications may become required for continued employment.
Physical Demands: The essential functions of this job require: the ability to frequently sit and stand for long periods of time; to manipulate objects with fine and gross motor skills; to frequently lift and maneuver 10 pound objects and occasionally lift and maneuver 50 pound objects; to communicate in written and spoken English; to hear; to utilize close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Managed Solution is an equal opportunity employer and will consider qualified applicants who can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Other Requirements: A valid California Drivers’ license (or valid license for the assigned territory) and acceptable driving record are required for this position as you will be dispatched to client locations. You must also have reliable means of transportation.
E-Verify Participation: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Managed Solution participates in the federal E-Verify program to validate the authenticity of work eligibility documents. As part of this program, Managed Solution will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information, see https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Compensation & Benefits*
Base Wage Range: $30.00 to $40.00 per hour
Managed Solution considers a range of factors when determining an appropriate wage. Such factors include but are not limited to: years of related experience, industry knowledge, formal education, relevant certifications, and geographic location. Wages are paid as earned and in accordance with Company policies.
- PTO – earn up to 10 days in year 1; 15 days in year 2; and 20 days in years 3+
- 401k – Eligibility after 90 days; Managed Solution matches 50% of your first 6% in contributions, starting after 90 days
- Holidays – Managed Solution celebrates 7 paid holidays each year
- Plus, 1 Floating Holiday per Year… and 2 After 5 Years of Service!
- Medical, Dental, Vision – Managed Solution pays 80% of the employee cost on the base plan + 15% of dependent costs on the base plan (Optional Flexible Spending Account for eligible Health Care or Dependent Care costs)
- Telemedicine options: “see” a medical provider from anywhere, over the phone, 24/7
- $100K Life/AD&D policy provided for all employees, free of charge!
- Employee Assistance Program – free financial consultation; counseling services; 24/7 traveler’s assistance; and more!
- $80/Month Cell Phone + Internet Reimbursement
*All Company compensation and benefits programs are subject to Company policy and plan documents and are subject to change at Company’s sole discretion.
Why our employees love working here: We believe our strength comes from our differences, and we are committed to fostering and promoting a culture of diversity and inclusion. We believe our team and our community are our greatest assets and we strive to promote both. From providing our employees the time to pursue Microsoft certifications, to supporting and partnering with multiple non-profit organizations, we believe this is where healthy and happy employees thrive.
As we grow, we are anchored and driven by our Core Values: I <3 IT!
- Integrity – We demonstrate consistent, trustworthy behavior. We are honest with everyone, take ownership (even in the face of failure), and do the right thing... even when no one is looking.
- Heart – We show genuine care for our community, our customers, and our culture. We believe people are at the heart of IT! We are authentic, inclusive, and take time to celebrate and enjoy one another's company.
- Innovation – We cultivate a diverse work environment and forward-thinking business by supporting an open exchange of ideas, driven by creativity and collaboration. We're dedicated to consistently delivering excellence through a ‘yes- to- what’s-next’ attitude.
- Teamwork – We work together and support one another to achieve a clear, common goal, while taking accountability for our own contribution's and the overall team's success.
Inclusion & Equal opportunity employment: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Managed Solution are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. At Managed Solution we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.