Under the direct supervision of the Office Supervisor or Branch Manager the role of Office Assistant provides administrative and secretarial support for the store. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, this role is responsible for duties such as financial record keeping, obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings, and working on special projects. Other responsibilities include answering non-routine correspondence and assembling highly confidential and sensitive information. Will be expected to interact with a diverse group of important external callers and customers as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload, as well as recommend changes in office practices or procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Schedule and organize complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for all members of the department.
- Organize and prioritize large volumes of information and calls.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Answer phone calls for the store.
- Take messages and answers all routine and non-routine questions.
- Act as a liaison between other departments.
- Work independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma required
- Associate’s degree preferred
- One year of administrative experience required
- Two years of related experience preferred
- Technical Capacity
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Detail-Oriented; Thorough
- Team-Oriented; Collaborative
- Strong Communication Skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, occasional filing is required.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for long periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.