The role of Cabinet Tech is responsible for cabinet installation, maintenance, and repair. Performing at the journeyman level, responsibilities include maintaining, repairing, or applying various blocks, strips, trims, molds and hardware to cabinetry. Upon completion, work is inspected for compliance and competency. The selected candidate will be independently responsible for routine repairs on site, as needed. Overtime may be required for high priority work or emergencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Disconnects and removes obstacles such as appliances and light fixtures, excluding natural gas and propane appliances. Takes necessary precautions
- Performs other work as required in support of general maintenance activity.
- Perform minor installation of cabinets as per manufacturer instructions, industry standards, and published job specifications for the detailed cabinets being installed.
- Takes necessary precautions to protect finished surfaces, appliances, and floorcovering during site repairs.
- Works closely with the Cabinet PCs to coordinate scheduling and prioritize daily site visits.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Some college preferred
- One year of related experience
- Knowledge of the methods, materials, tools, and techniques used in the cabinet trades.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Ability to read and understand construction plans, sketches, visual instructions, and layouts.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing, walking, sitting, squatting, bending, climbing, reaching, and turning as required to operate equipment, interface with staff and customers, and oversee operations. Must follow company policy with regard to dress and otherwise maintain a professional appearance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Working directly with construction sites before, during, and after the completion of homes and multi-family dwellings. Working with owner occupied dwellings.
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.