Peju Winery is a family owned and operated company located in Rutherford. We farm organically and sustainably, craft wines from our estate-grown vineyards and host our guest with memorable experiences. Our culture and workplace is friendly, team oriented and family focused. We have been voted a Best Place to Work four years running by the North Bay Business Journal! We provide above market compensation, a motivated sales team and a company that is family oriented. Join a team of people that want to do more than just a job .
Peju Winery in Napa Valley has openings for Harvest Interns to join our Winemaking team for the 2022 season. This is a seasonal position, from mid to late August to November/December, working with the full-time crew to assist in all aspects of crush. There is potential for this role to convert to full time with benefits at the close of the season.
Reports to: Cellar Supervisor / Assistant Winemaker
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs various work assignments to include racking, pumping, pumpovers, and delestage.
- Responsible for sanitation in all areas of cellar operations.
- Sterilizes casks, tanks, and other equipment.
- During crush, sort fruit, move hoses and equipment, obtain lab samples, weigh trucks, dispose of lees, inoculate tanks, and clean equipment.
- Requires ability to communicate effectively.
- May be responsible for movement of wine product from one tank to another.
- May add chemical/sulfur/additives as required.
- May remove pomace from fermentation tanks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience with forklift preferred.
- Strong basic math skills including ratio and percentages. Ability to make basic math calculations including but not limited to percentages and ratios.
- Basic English skills, both written and verbal preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time and to lift 40lbs. repeatedly for long periods of time.
- Willingness to work overtime, especially at harvest.
- Ability to work harmoniously with co-workers and perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the company’s value of exhibiting the highest quality standards in all endeavors.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and deliver quality work product.
- Strong attention to detail
- Lift up to 50 pounds