We are currently looking for a Director of Public Relations & Social Media with solid experience in both arenas, to play an active role in contributing to the strategy and execution of integrated public relations initiatives for agency clients. This position is responsible for developing strategic communications plans that advance client business objectives, growing our PR and social media discipline through new business and organic growth, and leading multiple accounts. If you’re looking for an opportunity to grow a department and influence strategic decisions, this is the job for you. If you have a creative and collaborative team-oriented approach and lead with values, this is the job for you. If you are highly creative, with a passion for PR and social media, we’d love to talk to you!
- Serve as owner of client relationships, providing leadership, strategic counsel and overall shepherding of PR accounts
- Maintain a strategic view of clients’ business and set key performance indicators that align with client business goals
- Oversee the PR team and monitor progress on assigned projects to ensure tactical execution is in line with objectives
- Manage and motivate the PR team including providing mentorship, outlining professional development plans, and conducting reviews
- Provide creative, strategic insight in the development of newsworthy events, campaigns and promotions that break through the clutter
- Set high standards for ideas, campaigns, execution and results
- Thorough knowledge of social media best practices and management of influencer campaigns
- Maintain relationships with top-tier media at the national, regional and local level
- Oversee the development of PR plans, pitches, interview memos and press releases
- Serve as an industry expert who consistently monitors news trends relevant to 62ABOVE clients and competitors
- Participate and lend expertise to new business development, actively seeking and securing accounts for the agency
- Manage development and maintenance of budgets and staff utilization
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times to represent agency to client teams
- Bring solutions that address clients’ business goals and offers a strategic point of view
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the public relations field, agency experience required
- Demonstrated success in national media pitching, consumer/lifestyle/travel media preferred
- Proven ability to manage long-term client accounts, including tracking internal budgets and profitability
- Track record of and enthusiasm for pitching and winning accounts
- Outstanding writing, speaking and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage, mentor and grow a high-performing team
- Able to travel regularly
- Competitive salary + profit sharing/discretionary bonus
- Base yearly salary range: $125,000 – $150,000
- Outstanding benefits package, including: 100% health, dental and vision insurance, flexible vacation policy, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), 401K Plan with 3% match, Aflac Insurance, STD and LTD insurance, life insurance, Paid Parental Leave, sick time, monthly cell phone stipend
- We are a fast growing, fast paced work environment that honors work-life balance, supports ongoing learning, and professional growth
- We are a hybrid team. We have an office in San Diego’s Little Italy where we meet each Monday. Some staff like to come to the office almost daily. Others prefer their home office. We’re flexible and will work with your needs. Please note: You do not have to live in San Diego to be considered for the job, however this is a California-resident position only.
Diversity & Inclusion
62ABOVE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes diversity. We are committed to building teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, 62ABOVE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees.