If you are a PR pro looking for a collaborative, creative team focused on results, 62ABOVE might be the place for you. With 3-4 years of experience under your belt, you know how to craft media-worthy pitches and develop story angles that gain attention. You are relentless in finding story placements for your clients both with media and influencers. You are comfortable managing and presenting to clients and understand timely communications up and down the chain. You are a key support to our senior team, and a positive role model to junior staff and interns. While social media may not be your primary role, you know the role it plays in media and influencer relations and have some experience in post creation. This position reports to our Senior Public Relations Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Account & Client Management
- Actively participate in creative brainstorming and pitch development
- Provide attention to detail, while being able to prioritize, multi-task, and delegate
- Lead client calls, create agendas and follow-up reports
- Have a deep understanding of reporting, familiarity with Coverage Book a plus
- Serve as primary client contact for day-to-day project tasks and media relations.
- Write and edit first-round drafts of client materials, such as news releases, media alerts, backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, newsletter articles, pitch letters, etc.
- Manage development of account timelines and implement tasks within deadlines
- Supervise and mentor account coordinators and interns on client projects and other delegated tasks.
- Contribute to proposal brainstorming, proposal writing and presentation during new business meetings as needed
Media & Influencer Relations
- Research influencers for client recommendations for both story coverage and content creation
- Establish and grow relationships with media and influencers through one-on-one meetings
- Organize, invite, and host press/influencer trips
- Concept creative and targeted pitch projects for the team that are aligned with account goals
- Regularly pitch media and influencers
- Monitor and manage editorial calendars, assign duties to team as necessary
- Seek opportunities to get involved in relevant organizations
- Remain up-to-date on and share news on trends in our industry as well as those impacting your clients by following relevant blogs, websites, influencers, newsletters, etc.
- 3-4 years minimum proven work experience and success in a public relations role
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent written and oral communications and presentation skills
- Creative and collaborative mindset
- Agency experience required
- Able to travel regularly
- Basic understanding of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Able to work in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary + profit sharing/discretionary bonus
- Base salary range: $70-90,000
- Outstanding benefits package, including: 100% health, dental and vision insurance, flexible vacation policy, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), 401K Plan with 3% match, Aflac Insurance, STD and LTD insurance, life insurance, Paid Parental Leave, sick time, monthly cell phone stipend
- We are a fast growing, fast paced work environment that honors work-life balance, supports ongoing learning, and professional growth
- We are a hybrid team. We have an office in San Diego’s Little Italy where we meet each Monday. Some staff like to come to the office almost daily. Others prefer their home office. We’re flexible and will work with your needs. Please note: You do not have to live in San Diego to be considered for the job, however this is a California-resident position only.
Diversity & Inclusion
62ABOVE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes diversity. We are committed to building teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, 62ABOVE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees