JOB SUMMARY: The Environmental Services Worker is responsible to safely maintain a clean, sanitary, comfortable and organized environment for residents and staff at Episcopal Church Home.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains cleanliness in all resident rooms to ESLC standards.
- Collects all resident and office trash; clean trash cans as needed.
- Cleans all bathroom fixtures, commodes and floors; stocks paper supplies in resident rooms according to departmental procedure.
- Dusts and polishes all surfaces and furniture according to departmental procedure.
- Mops or vacuums resident room flooring according to departmental procedure.
- Maintains organization of all resident furniture and belongings according to departmental procedure.
- Cleans surfaces of desks, tables, cabinets, sinks and floors in kitchenettes and utility rooms according to departmental procedure.
- Deep cleans resident room as indicated by departmental procedure or supervisor.
- Vacuums lobby, lounges, offices, and hallways and resident dining areas.
- Maintains cleanliness of elevator walls and floors.
- Assists in the transfer and/or discharge of residents.
- Packs resident belongings in boxes, labels all boxes and furniture and moves to designated location (room or storage) the scheduled day of transfer/discharge.
- Assists new resident in moving belongings into new room the scheduled day of admission. Prepares room and completes checklist in advance.
- Assists in the set-up/take-down of special functions.
- Maintains a clean, organized, and safe work environment to include housekeeping closet, cart and storage room.
- Properly dilutes and use all chemicals daily in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Maintains label on all dispenser bottles for all chemicals daily in accordance with
- departmental procedure.
- Wears appropriate protective clothing/devices whenever performing tasks requiring the handling of infectious waste and/or blood/body fluids according to facility procedure.
- Monitors inventory of supplies such as paper towels, soap, toilet paper.
- Reports any hazardous conditions or equipment malfunctions to supervisor to include building deficiencies.
- Attends all staff meetings and departmental in-services.
- Helps with outside rounds as needed or as assigned by supervisor.
- Once successfully trained, the following job functions may apply:
- Performs cleaning and maintenance of all floors: tile and carpet.
- Strips and waxes floors according to schedule.
- Buffs floors.
- Cleans lights, sprinklers, and vents.
- Carpet cleaning with extractor.
- Outside rounds.
QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to receive and give written and oral directions. Ability to interact courteously and tactfully with staff, residents, family members, visitors, vendors and the general public.
EDUCATION: Minimum high school diploma or equivalent preferred, or willingness and ability to learn procedures necessary for position.
EXPERIENCE: Six (6) months’ environmental services experience preferred, preferably in a health care setting.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performing duties of this job requires prolonged walking and standing. Must be able to regularly lift 30 pounds and occasional lift 50 pounds without assistance and the ability to sit, talk, and hear is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.