JOB SUMMARY: The Environmental Services Worker is responsible to safely maintain a clean, sanitary, comfortable and organized environment for residents and staff at Episcopal Church Home.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Supervisor of Environmental Services or designee
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Maintain cleanliness in all resident rooms to ESLC standards-see checklist.
• Collect all resident and office trash and clean trash cans as needed.
• Clean all bathroom fixtures, commodes and floors; stock paper supplies in resident rooms according to departmental procedure.
• Dust and polish all surfaces and furniture according to departmental procedure.
• Mop or vacuum resident room flooring according to departmental procedure.
• Maintain organization of all resident furniture and belongings according to departmental procedure.
• Clean surfaces of desks, tables, cabinets, sinks and floors in kitchenettes and utility rooms according to departmental procedure.
• Deep clean resident room as indicated by departmental procedure or Supervisor.
• Vacuum lobby, lounges, offices, and hallways and resident dining areas.
• Maintain cleanliness of elevator walls and floors.
• Assist in the transfer and/or discharge of residents.
• Pack resident belongings in boxes, label all boxes and furniture and move to designated location (room or storage) the scheduled day of transfer/discharge.
• Assist new resident in moving belongings into new room the scheduled day of admission. Prepare room and complete checklist in advance.
• Assist in the set-up/take-down of special functions.
• Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment to include housekeeping closet, cart and storage room.
• Properly dilute and use all chemicals daily in accordance with departmental procedures.
• Maintain label on all dispenser bottles for all chemicals daily in accordance with
• Wear appropriate protective clothing/devices whenever performing tasks requiring the handling of infectious waste and/or blood/body fluids according to facility procedure.
• Monitor inventory of supplies such as paper towels, soap, toilet paper.
• Report any hazardous conditions or equipment malfunctions to supervisor to include building deficiencies.
• Attend all staff meetings and departmental in-services.
• Help with outside rounds as needed or as assigned by Supervisor.
Once successfully trained, the following job functions may apply:
• Perform cleaning and maintenance of all floors: tile and carpet.
• Strips and waxes floors according to schedule.
• Buffs floors.
• Cleans lights, sprinklers, and vents.
• Carpet cleaning with extractor.
• Outside rounds
QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to receive and give written and oral directions. Ability to interact courteously and tactfully with staff, residents, family members, visitors, vendors and the general public.
EDUCATION: Minimum high school diploma or equivalent or willingness and ability to learn procedures necessary for position.
EXPERIENCE: Six months’ environmental services experience preferred, preferably in a health care setting.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performing duties of this job requires prolonged walking and standing. Must be able to regularly lift 30 pounds and occasional lift 50 pounds without assistance and the ability to sit, talk, and hear is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.