Accountant II (on-site)
Lititz, PA • Finance
Performs all types of financial transactions and record keeping functions,
including but not limited to government cooperative and private sector consortium accounting as
well as database management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement and maintain accurate accounting procedures.
- Process accurate financial reporting for clients and deliver on a timely basis.
- Process stop loss claims with reinsurance carriers.
- Create and maintain monthly invoices for clients and reconcile against carriers’ invoicing.
- Participate in the auditing process.
- May oversee finance specialist or assist with internal audit process, data entry and weekly and monthly claim process; provide and maintain consistent workflow.
- Participate in special projects as necessary.
These duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities.
- Must be able to sit or stand and type utilizing computer for up to 80% of the workday.
- Occasional travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or similar field required, may substitute comparable experience for education.
- 2-5 years Finance or Accounting experience, preferably in the insurance industry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- General knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in resolving accounting discrepancies.
- Excellent computer skills required, specifically with NetSuite, Microsoft Excel and Access software.
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written format required.
- Strong planning, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Effective time management skills are required to meet deadlines.