Under the direction of the Assistant Vice President of Investor Relations, the Investor Relations (IR) Associate will be impactful in the overall success of the Investor Relations department by bringing MLG’s offerings to new markets and providing a best-in-class investor experience.
In this role, the IR Associate will serve a variety of investor types including high-net-worth individuals, registered investment advisors (RIA), and institutional investors. This candidate will have a heavy focus on prospecting new relationships among all investor types. This candidate will also be responsible for servicing new investor inquiries, ensuring a smooth onboarding process, and ongoing relationship management.
MLG has developed highly differentiated offerings and maintains a strong 35-year track record of performance. This role is a perfect opportunity for a motivated, self-starting, and client-focused individual to bring these offerings to new investors and be a critical part of a dynamic, high-performing team.
· Build meaningful relationships with new investors by effectively communicating the value proposition of MLG’s offerings
· Manage a pipeline of potential investors from initial inquiry through onboarding and ongoing relationship management
· Source new relationships through a large volume of prospecting and outreach efforts
· Manage CRM of current and potential customers through tracking relationships, logging interactions, and managing an opportunity pipeline
· Work with the business development team to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of new business development strategies
· Qualify new inquiries and involve senior team members, where appropriate
· Develop key messaging and communication strategies
Investor Service & Support
· Provide a high touch, high value experience to internal partners or investors for escalated and urgent requests
· Develop an in-depth understanding of the investor onboarding process and internal policies
· Communicate key financial reporting information with transparency and integrity
· Understand existing & upcoming technologies to support investor requests
· Assist with other corporate initiatives across various departments
· Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in finance, economics, real estate, or similar field)
· Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a Sales, Client Service, or Account Management role
· Strong presence in meetings or over the phone and quickly able to establish trust
· 100% dedication to MLG Capital’s core values and team-oriented culture
· Strong interest in a private real estate
· Strong communication and negotiation skills
· Detail-oriented and exceptionally organized
· Demonstrated ability to work in an agile environment
· Experience in CRM a plus (Salesforce)
· Experience in business development, Investor Relations, Wealth Management, or Private Equity fields preferred but not required.
Ability to operate office machinery; including but not limited to: telephone, computer, copy machine, fax machine, printer, and mobile phone. Ability to sit for extended periods (up to 4 hours) and use a computer for up to 8 hours per day. Ability to lift up to 10 pounds on an occasional basis. Ability to travel 5-10% of the time via automobile or airplane (occasionally overnight) to real estate locations.
Open office workstation environment, quiet to moderate noise levels.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, a “reasonable accommodation” will be made for an individual with a known physical or mental limitation unless it would require an action of significant difficult causing undue hardship.
This document covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned.