TECHNICAL BUSINESS ANALYST
LIFE AT HEALTHY ALLIANCE
At Healthy Alliance, our purpose is to improve health and empower the underserved. Every community has its own needs, affecting the health of those who live, learn, work, and play within them. Our network brings together organizations, big and small, to coordinate and collaborate so that all communities have reliable access to the resources they need. Why? Because every New Yorker deserves the same opportunity to be healthy.
As a 2019-22 Albany Business Review’s Best Places to Work and a 2021-2022 Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in Health Care award recipient, we strive to maintain a culture wherein high-performing, mission-driven team members collectively work toward better health for all. Dedicated to promoting a culture built upon autonomy, proficiency, and purpose, we believe our differences in strengths and perspectives play an integral role in propelling us forward, while our core values ground us, serving as the common thread that unites our team.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN HEALTHY ALLIANCE
We offer amenities, professional development opportunities, events, and programming that supports the interests of our teams, while expanding and enriching our culture. Some of the benefits you can expect when you join Healthy Alliance include:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance benefits available the 1st of the month after hire, including but not limited to medical, dental and vision, group short-term disability and life insurance with buy-up options, flexible spending, and HSA company-contributed accounts, and more.
- 401K with a company match
- Unlimited paid time off after 90 days of employment
- Company-sponsored training and certification opportunities
- Remote employer with flexible work schedules
- A workplace that values safety, respect, employee engagement, recognition, and diversity
- Salary range: $75,000 - $90,000 per year
WHO YOU ARE
The Technical Business Analyst evaluates business processes, functions, and procedures to determine needs and develop strategies to drive business decisions that are likely to lead to the best return on investment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Elicit business needs and reporting requirements using multiple methods (e.g., interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, competitive product analysis task, workflow analysis, and/or requirements workshops).
- Analyze business requirements and translate into system requirements. Create documentation regarding system specifications, RACI matrices, use cases, sequence and workflow diagrams, future state proposals, testing plans, issue logs, project plans, and more.
- Collaborate closely with developers on implementation, configuration of solutions, and prioritization of business value.
- Develop and execute test plans to facilitate quality control processes.
- Manage requirements traceability and changes to requirements through effective use of change control processes and tools.
- Conduct analysis and design at a complex level with consideration for people, processes, and systems while focused on efficiency and quality improvement.
- Support data management to ensure data is complete, reliable, and valid.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and automate processes, develop process improvements, or re-engineer as needed to meet the long-term business strategies.
- Provide advice and guidance on best practices in support of new business and system implementations, including integration with existing processes and systems while maintaining adherence to contract terms.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Facilitate meetings and presentations to diverse audiences (i.e., stakeholders, customers, etc.).
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree required in information systems, systems analysis, computer science, engineering, science, finance, economics, statistics, or related fields.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in business analysis, data analysis and reporting, and software testing required.
- Experience in health care or social care services industries is preferred.
- Ability to implement vendor software and related technical experience required.
- Experience with software development lifecycle and agile development required.
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience and proficiency in flowchart and diagram tools (i.e., Microsoft Visio, Lucidchart, etc.).
- Report development experience using database and reporting tools, including SQL, Tableau, and Power BI preferred.
- Demonstrated experience using current business process management and automation tools.
- Familiarity with AWS and Azure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate business and technical concepts among both internal and external customers.
- Ability to understand and negotiate needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders through formal and informal methods.
- In-depth understanding of organizational data flow and its use in management decision-making required.
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
- Superior presentation and negotiation skills.
This position involves sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing, use of typical office equipment such as a computer, laptop, and cell phone. May include light work that includes moving objects up to twenty (20) pounds independently or with assistance.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com
YOUR NEXT CAREER OPPORTUNITY IS AT HEALTHY ALLIANCE!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Healthy Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
PRIVACY REQUIREMENT: This job function involves potential access/interaction with protected health information. Position will be required to abide by company policies and procedures that support federal, state, and local HIPAA regulations. Any violations will be subject to company policy which includes disciplinary actions up to and including separation of employment. Healthy Alliance is an At-Will Employer