A certified Woman Business Enterprise, Civil Design, Inc. is a civil engineering firm of 100+ team members committed to building stronger communities in the markets we serve. Our services include Infrastructure + Analytics, Site, Structures, Survey, and Water Resources. This year, Civil Design, Inc. will be celebrating its 27th year in business and has offices in Collinsville, IL, Effingham, IL, Jefferson City, MO, Louisville, KY, and St. Louis, MO.
CDI has a strong people-oriented culture and holds a drive to build stronger teams, client relationships and local communities. Guided by the values of continuous learning and growth, mutual trust and respect, personal ownership, and responsiveness, CDI offers a spirited team atmosphere that drives our quality engineering services.
- Perform Boundary and Topographical Surveys, Right of way Surveys, ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys, Utility Surveys and Constructional layout, for municipal, private and roadway projects.
- Utilize Trimble Robotic, GNSS and Conventional equipment, Leica 3D Scanning equipment, and survey data collection software to take measurements and collect relevant information.
- Perform daily import of all field collected data.
- Maintain accurate, detailed, and professional field notes.
- Perform general equipment maintenance.
- Adhere to safety policies, procedures, and requirements of CDI.
- Primarily field work, if needed some travel.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- General understanding of the principles and practices of land surveying.
- General understanding of CAD software, MicroStation Trimble Access and Leica Instrument a plus.
- General knowledge of mathematics through trigonometry and geometry and its application to field surveying.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office, Trimble and other relevant software.
- Skill in the use of surveying instruments including Trimble Robotic and GNSS equipment.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of geographic area.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be physically able to work outdoors and on construction sites under all weather conditions.
- Commitment to a safe working environment following safety policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED is required.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Surveying or Geography, preferred
- 2-5 years of land surveying experience preferred
- Prior experience with Trimble software and/or equipment a plus