Dental Assistant I/II
Tacoma, WA • Dental
PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma Washington is seeking a full time Dental Assistant I or II.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 20+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Provide chair side assistance to dental practitioners using four-handed practices. Provide direct patient care and administrative support to the dental department as necessary.
- Provide accurate and efficient chair side assistance to dental providers and hygienists using established four-handed practices.
- Effectively demonstrates knowledge of dental restorative, endodontic and oral surgery practices and procedures and application techniques for crowns and bridges.
- Accurately performs child and adult prophys, direct patient preventative procedures, OHI, fluorides, sealant application, and rubber dam placement.
- Able to identify, use and arrange, all dental instruments and prepares procedure tray setups in a timely manner, as needed by dental provider.
- Assist in the completion of patient dental records by accurately processing digital radiographs/xrays and following established protocols for patient exposure.
- Wear personal protective equipment including sterile garments, glasses, mask, and gloves at all times while performing main job functions and follows all PTHA and accreditation guidelines for safety.
- Wipe clean all instruments of debris/material/cement prior to replacing in cassettes and sending to central sterilization for processing, practicing proper infection control and following established sterilization protocol.
- Performs preventative maintenance on and maintains all equipment per manufacturer guidelines and reports equipment failure to supervisor within 24 hours.
- Assists patients through the dental process with care and understanding at all times.
- Provide age appropriate behavior management as needed, for dental patients, ages 0-18 years of age.
- Effectively communicates home care instructions to patients and/or parents of minor children.
- Assist in training newly hired Dental Assistants, as needed.
- Current BLS certification and experience with electronic health record systems and:
- DENTAL ASSISTANT I
- Graduate from a Dental Assistant Program. At least six months of general dentist assistant job experience. Must obtain Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) certification within three (3) years of hire.
- DENTAL ASSISTANT II
- Three years of general dental assistant job experience. Must obtain Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) certification within one year of hire. Experience must also include:
- -One year experience in pediatric assisting and/or
- -One year orthodontic assisting.